PB2 vs. the real thing

Calee

Cathlete
I am a major peanut butter lover, and it's getting me into trouble! I have a portion problem when it comes to the stuff and it's too high in fat and calories to go on like this or I know I will hate myself later.
For those who have tried it, how does PB2 compare with plain old peanut butter? I buy Adam's natural, and am interested in what the difference is in taste and texture, along with any experience good or bad.
Thanks!
Calee

I like it. It's texture is just like regular peanut butter when you mix in the right amount of water. You can make it super thick or thin based on your mixing proportions. It smells JUST like fresh roasted peanut butter and tastes just like it to me. I love adding it to my morning oatmeal with a scoop of protein powder!

PB2 is just roasted peanuts ground up.

The texture is great and it tastes and smells just like roasted peanuts. It is not sweet so some add splenda but I am not a fan of sweet pb so it is perfect for me.

It has approxamately 1/4 of the NI of regular PB.

Mattea, that is the only place you can buy it other than I have heard Whole Foods. BUT... I have yet to actually see it at Whole Foods.
:)

Amy (and others) thanks for the input. I just might have to try it and save myself all of those unneeded calories from regular peanut butter!
Oh another question- about how long does it take to recieve an order?
Calee

I don't think it tastes the same, so I mix it with regular PB - 1Tble. of each and some sugar free raspberry preserves. I still save a lot of calories on a daily ration of 2 Tble. of PB.

I live in GA (where Bell Plantation is) so I got mine really quick. I know there were some shipping delays because this stuff was so popular but I thinks its died down a bit.

They are good about shipping daily and all so hopefully you'll get it quick.

I usually mix it with other things but I love the stuff. I ordered last week and had it in about 3-4 days. I was surprised at the quick shipping. Shipping also went up from the first time I ordered.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.