Parents of Picky Eaters....

sarab

Cathlete
I got a new cookbook called Deceptively Delicious, which teaches you how to puree fruits and veggies and hide them in food. So far, I have put butternut squash in mac n cheese and marinara sauces. I put sweet potatoes in taco meat and cauliflower in mashed potatoes. My kids and dh gobble it up and you can't taste it. Plus, I made some muffins with peanut butter, bananas, and carrots. We eat those for breakfast and they are so filling!!!

Anyway, I have very picky eaters (except my middle ds, he loves fruits and veggies) and veggies are not their most favorite foods in the world. So, if you have picky eaters also, try this book...I am also going to get The Sneaky Chef. It seems like a lot of work to puree everything, but it is actually kind of fun and does not take a lot of time. I use my blender to puree. Oh, and you can put spinach in brownies!!! Sounds gross, but it is good!

Sara

I read that book too! I haven't tried very many recipes from it, thankfully my girls like to eat their veggies & fruits! I read that spinach brownie recipe, did they turn out yummy??

Well, I used a the box brownies and added the spinach and carrots. To be honest, I think I could have cut back a bit on the spinach and added some (homemade) chocolate icing. It is all trial and error with the deserts. However, the whole pan of brownies got eaten!!

Sara

I got this book for Christmas. Unfortunately, my picky eater won't eat regular mac and cheese or mashed potatoes. He is the pickiest eater in the world I think. I have just gone with the, you have to try it at least 10 times before you say you don't like it. Right now we are working on strawberries, of all things! This is what his doc told me to do and it seems to be working. He likes peas, carrots, grapes, will now eat spaghetti but it has to all be separate. LOL. Italian night at out house, his plate, a small bowl of sauce, noodles, bread, salad, small dipping bowl of ranch. I am forever doing the dishes!
LD
http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL395/10721112/19111645/307955868.jpg[/IMG]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.