pantyhose or no?

wendygurl

Cathlete
I have to admit I feel quite out of the loop regarding dressy occasions. I have a fancy wedding this weekend. I have a simple black dress with pink straps, and pair of black heels. I had not planned on wearing pantyhose because I do have decent legs and my teenage daughter says not to. However, speaking to some other ladies at work, some say one should wear them. What is the current trend? BTW I'm 43, but proud of my fit legs/body. Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

I vote NO panyhose! It def is "in" not to wear them. And, I say, "Show off those beautiful legs you've worked hard to get!" Have fun at the wedding!

Another vote for "No" pantyhose. Can't remember the last time I've worn them although being in Florida just looking at pantyhose makes me sweat :D Show off those legs ;)

Two years ago when my son married, I wondered that same thing. Should I wear pantyhose as the mother of the groom? I went to the nicest shoe store in town and asked the salesman there and he said no.
So, I agree with the others..show off your pretty bare legs. No hose!

What I would do - is go NO pantyhose, but also use a nice moisturizer on the legs that also gives a bit of a glow. There are some leg moisturizers/lotions etc. made for specifically this purpose and provide a little color if you want it. Show off all that hard work!!!

Pantyhose for job interviews - yes. Pantyhose if it's really cold outside - sure. Otherwise, not a chance!!

The high class thing to do is to wear stockings or panty hose. A nude leg is very informal. But, if the occasion is informal, go without.

You guys are great! I'm going to do just that! how informative everyone is and it is so great getting so many different persectives! thanks!

Yipppeee, I can't wait! Have a great time! We had such a fun time at my niece's wedding in March!

Wow...I must be a nerd. :eek: I wear pantyhose everyday to work.

I normally wear them as well, although I can't say I like it. I think they are appropriate depending on your profession and the clothing you wear to work. I wear mostly business suits and I'm a manager so wearing hosiery is part of the formal professional look and whether they are "in" or "out" of style doesn't really matter.

That said, if you like your legs and as someone suggested you use a moisturizer and maybe something to give them color if they don't already have some (mine are fishy white, also a reason that I don't go bare legged!! :p) then don't wear panty hose to the wedding!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.