Packing for Dummies

LOL I bow down to all you carry-on packers! WOW! Anyone that can fit a weeks worth of clothes, shoes, and toiletries into a carry-on let alone 2 weeks!!!! You rock!!!!

I am part of the way overpacker crowd... I have been known to take an entire shoe bag and check it through... yes, like 7 shoes... 7 days... LOL plus a large suitcase that barely makes weight and a carry-on. I admitt to having clothes that don't even get worn... but I have choices on vacation. Knock on wood... I have never had luggage lost yet.

And I find checking through bags very effeicient. I don't lug anything big onto the plane or through the airport. I pull right up and do curbside checkin with the luggage I'm checking through...it's well worth the extra few $. And once off the plane, by the time I walk to baggage claim and bathroom stop, my luggage is there. Much simplier then having to do laundry during the week... and less time then doing laundry. My family gets one of those guys with a big flat on wheels to get our luggage to the car... worth the tip and we are on our way with all my over packed crap!!! But I'm happy:)

I think I would go nuts with only 3 bottoms for the week. I'd rather check it through and wait a couple minutes if need be.

Have fun:) Light or heavy pack... ENJOY:)

I don't want to have to worry about getting my contact solutions, my necessary lotions, and other liquids into little containers and little plastic baggies. No thank you. I find it so much easier and more relaxing to check the daggone bag and be done with it. I usually have a carry on that is a computer case that can handle a spare pair of underwear and a light change of clothes incase my luggage arrives at an alternative vacation spot (they usually get it to you within 24 hours if it does get lost).

I got back from a trip to Boston for work and fun. I took a medium sized bag and 3 pairs of shoes - closed toed dress shoes that I could wear with a pair of nylons if necessary for warmth, walking sandals and my running shoes. I put all of my outfits on the bed to make sure I have everything for each outfit and packed them together(and then ended up wearing the jeans I tossed in at the last minute the most - go figure).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.