P90X Yoga

CarenG

Cathlete
I am on my 3rd week of P90X, and I love everything except the Yoga. I don't like to do Yoga and I can't stand that this tape is 1 1/2 hours long.

I know, I should keep doing it to follow the rotation, but I wondered if anyone could recommend a more enjoyable yoga video that I could do in place of this one.

I am on my 3rd week of P90X, and I love everything except the Yoga. I don't like to do Yoga and I can't stand that this tape is 1 1/2 hours long.

I know, I should keep doing it to follow the rotation, but I wondered if anyone could recommend a more enjoyable yoga video that I could do in place of this one.

I don't know anything about the P90X yoga video, but I highly recommend Eoin Finn's "Power Yoga for Happiness" DVD. The routine as produced is 80 min long, but it's very well-chaptered and contains four additional practices from the same footage, each with a different emphasis. His hip openers are particularly good. The background yoginis demonstrate a variety of levels. I find this practice to be challenging, invigorating and relaxing as only yoga can be.

Here's a list of the routines included:
- Total Happiness (80 min)
- Magically Hips (55 min)
- Strong, Free and Happy (53 min)
- Daily Dose of Bliss (40 min)
- The Quickie (30 min)

Or you can use the chapter points menu to skip around the routine. I think the DVD is around $20-25 and is available at Eoin's website and at Amazon.

This morning I did the Cardio Conditioning Premix from KPC followed by the "Magically Hips" routine. Somehow this practice really does make you happy. (And I was in a bad mood when I started!)

I don't know anything about the P90X yoga video, but I highly recommend Eoin Finn's "Power Yoga for Happiness" DVD. The routine as produced is 80 min long, but it's very well-chaptered and contains four additional practices from the same footage, each with a different emphasis. His hip openers are particularly good. The background yoginis demonstrate a variety of levels. I find this practice to be challenging, invigorating and relaxing as only yoga can be.

Here's a list of the routines included:
- Total Happiness (80 min)
- Magically Hips (55 min)
- Strong, Free and Happy (53 min)
- Daily Dose of Bliss (40 min)
- The Quickie (30 min)

Or you can use the chapter points menu to skip around the routine. I think the DVD is around $20-25 and is available at Eoin's website and at Amazon.

This morning I did the Cardio Conditioning Premix from KPC followed by the "Magically Hips" routine. Somehow this practice really does make you happy. (And I was in a bad mood when I started!)

I have to say that Yoga X has grown on me. But I totally agree with Susan, if I were subsituting, I'd use Eion's PY4H! It's a great one!

I have to say that Yoga X has grown on me. But I totally agree with Susan, if I were subsituting, I'd use Eion's PY4H! It's a great one!

I guess I was on a "high" from just having completed this routine because I went on and on and forgot to list other practices I enjoy:

- Eoin Finn's Power Yoga
- Bryan Kest's 1995 Power Yoga Series (3 separate but similar routines, now available on one DVD, but not chaptered)
- David Swenson's Short Forms
- Baron Baptiste's "Soul of Strength"
- Sonic Yoga Turbo Flow

I still think your best bet is Eoin's "Power Yoga for Happiness."

I encourage you to stick with doing yoga per the P90X rotation (even if you sub a different routine). A lot of people don't like it at first, but the more they do it, the more their bodies crave it. I don't think there's a better way to improve flexibility.:)

I guess I was on a "high" from just having completed this routine because I went on and on and forgot to list other practices I enjoy:

- Eoin Finn's Power Yoga
- Bryan Kest's 1995 Power Yoga Series (3 separate but similar routines, now available on one DVD, but not chaptered)
- David Swenson's Short Forms
- Baron Baptiste's "Soul of Strength"
- Sonic Yoga Turbo Flow

I still think your best bet is Eoin's "Power Yoga for Happiness."

I encourage you to stick with doing yoga per the P90X rotation (even if you sub a different routine). A lot of people don't like it at first, but the more they do it, the more their bodies crave it. I don't think there's a better way to improve flexibility.:)

I love Bryan Kest's Volumes 1-3. They are rated intermediate to advanced, but I am able to do the videos with no prior yoga experience. I like the way my muscles get worked and stretched out afterwards. The videos are approximately 45 minutes long.

My balance and flexibility really improved when I started adding these tapes into my rotation once or twice a week.

I love Bryan Kest's Volumes 1-3. They are rated intermediate to advanced, but I am able to do the videos with no prior yoga experience. I like the way my muscles get worked and stretched out afterwards. The videos are approximately 45 minutes long.

My balance and flexibility really improved when I started adding these tapes into my rotation once or twice a week.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.