P90x rotation Which one to do?

stephfitz

Cathlete
For those of you who have done P90X which rotation did you do Classic or Lean? I just got P90X on Friday and can't decide which one to do. I am in my weight range not much fat to lose. I am 5'5 and weight between 120 and 124. I need to lose some on my stomach area and saddle bags. I want to get more defined. Thanks for any advice. I want to start my rotation soon But I know when I get the new Cathes I will have to do them also.

Steph

Steph- I just received my P90X on Friday as well! I am leaning toward the Lean rotation myself because I have another 20-25 lbs to lose.

Hi Stpeh! Welcome to the wonderful world of X.

I spent a lot of time trying to decide if I'd do lean or classic. I ended out doing classic. I felt great and week 6 did doubles. So I guess the thing is even if you start one way you can switch over.

We have a pretty active thread going on over at beachbody.com. 2 of us switched to doubles and 1 switched from lean to classic and 1 classic to lean.

Check out some of the pics over there it's SOOOOO motivating. I highly recommend the forum. It's probabaly 50% women - 50% men - a very nice mix- all fitness oriented threads - no O/Ts. Anyhow it's a great work out and a great group over there.

Well time to log into wowy.com and bring it for plyoX

Welcome !

Steph..this is a tough one. I did the Doubles rotation and did loose about 19 lbs. But P90X does not have much legwork for the saddlebags. You might have more luck subbing a Cathe leg workout in your P90X weeks...I got great upper body defintion with P90X...:)

Hi Steph,
I did the doubles rotation. For cardio some of those days I used Cathe or ran on the treadmill. Otherwise everything was the same. I also threw in a couple of days throughout just to be sure I was keeping up my lower body strength. I also did a couple of cardios like Power Circuit on leg day. Just to add in a little more lower. It worked well for me.

http://1ww.us/3.gif

Hi Steph -

I realized I didn't answer the weight loss question. A bunch of folks lost a pant size. I'm happy with my size so that wasn't a goal for me. I had gained 5 lbs over the last 2 plus years and have lost that by week 7.

Re the lower body work - for some odd reason for me this is working better than heavier weight work on my legs (trouble areas). I don't know if it's body weight workouts or pyloX. I guess if your goal is strengthening lower body then that's different, for me it was TONING the trouble area and I'm making good progress - more so than with heavier weight work. That's just me.

I am following the diet plan quiet closely. Anyhow recommend you come over to beachbody and take a look http://forums.beachbody.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/5082996357

Thanks everyone. I think I will do the Classic to start and maybe add in some Cathe lower body and definately her new ones when they come. I will probably start on Oct 1. Do the fit test this week to get my starting numbers.

Robyn,
I do agree beachbody has some great forums. I started with beachbody when Slim in 6 first came out in 2002 then slim series then P90 and of course TJ:) Before I even knew who Cathe was:eek: Everyone on the boards are so helpful and motivating.

Steph

I did the 'classic' rotation, and I would recommend either that one or the 'doubles' rotation. The 'lean' rotation is light on some body part work each week. While the 'classic' rotation is really well thought out, the 'lean' seems like an afterthought to me.

Steph! Great you can't go wrong with classic and you can always tweak it as you go. Everyone responds differently. For me the recovery week was the worst - go figure! I guess I was really expecting a recovery week!

Hope to see you over there. I know I couldn't have made it without the folks doing it with side by side with us.

I did doubles last week and had a great week - my body is asking for a non doubles week this week - so I'm going to listen to it ;)

Congrats and all the best on your p90x journey!

I did the lean rotation last fall and had really good results with it. I think the next time I'm ready for P90X, I'll do classic or maybe even doubles!!!}( }(

Good choice picking the Classic rotation. You might find you won't need extra leg work as Plyo, yoga and Kenpo pack in alot of leg execises. You'll know by the 2nd phase what will work for you. Some of Cathe's new ones sound good to add in for doubles too. I finished phase 1 doubles and am now in phase 2 doubles. I'm seeing great definition so far. Love this rotation!

Have fun! :)

I'd go for the Classic. You'll trade body fat for muscle and end up right where you want to be. :)

m.

I vote for Classic too. I'm on week #6 of classic with an occassional double. Enjoy the program. You'll get great results with P90x.
Come visit us at beachbody.com. Robyn has me hooked on her post.

I'm interested in trying P90x, I hear so much about it. My question is do I have to order from beachbody directly? Does college video sale them?

What are these workouts like? You can't see a sample like here on Cathe' site. Are they stap, floor cario, lifting?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.