p90x question/opinions

lulubell

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

Just wanted some opinions...after about a month break from working out due to pulling a back muscle and a chest/sinus infection, I'm ready to get back into it. I got p90x not too long ago and want to start but I know that the 90 days will not be consistent due to the Christmas holidays (where clean eating goes out the window) and the fact that we are moving in January. Has anyone still had good results when the program wasn't followed consistently or should I just wait until we are all settled and do something else in the meantime?

Any thoughts on the subject would be greatly appreciated,
Aggie

I have had EXCELLENT Results without following the program religiously.Do any part of p90x you can. You should be amazed. I love these workouts and just ordered p90xplus. Good Luck.

I did a P90x rotation during Nov-Feb. specifically to help me NOT over-indulge during the holidays. I figured that if I was working so hard at the program I wouldn't go overboard with the eating and ruin all my hard work. I got sick during Jan and took a month off for a chest cold/sinus infection, which is how it ended up being a 4 month rotation.:D I didn't follow the food plan, subbed for cardios, yoga, and Core Syn {it was hard and I got sick of it!}. I did gain strength and lost 8 lbs. HTH.

I think...

P90X is really a versatile program. I've switched things up a lot, but try to stick to the 2 upper body workouts and Ab Ripper X (subbing sometimes for a Cathe CoreMax or other ab work), and just follow a similar rotation. Just try to fit in the 3 weight workouts a week and you'll definitely still see the benefits of the program! That is what my dh has been doing and he has still lost about 10# but also gained a lot of muscle. Let me know if you have any more questions!

I have always used Cathe for my strength workouts since MIS came out. I ordered P90X a few years ago and never used it...it collected dust. About 4 months ago I watched the infomerical (for the 100th time) and finally Tony got to me. I started that day and ordered a pullup bar. I have been using the weight workouts and plyo from P90x and cathe/turbojam/etc for Cardio. So, I am not using it by-the-book nor am I using the nutrition guide.
My body has changed so much. I was a tight 12 pants and now a loose 10. This was huge for me. For the life of me I could not lose my hips/butt--no matter what I did. Another plus: l finally love my shoulders (thanks to that pullup bar, I suspect) and I see something that resembles an Ab muscle.

--Sheryl
PS Looking forward to Cathe's new series. I need a break from Tony.

Thanks for all your input, I'm actually going to start tomorrow and try to follow as closely as possible even though i will probably have to miss or modify here or there, the timing is kind of bad but who knows when it will be good!!! I really tend to have the best success when I'm following a program so this should be great. The only thing that disappoints me is that I bought the pull up bar but the moldings around my doors are kinda thin and there is only one door that would work and is far from my workout area...I guess I will have to use the bands.

Thanks again all,
Aggie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.