P90X DVD's

zandy

I have read in this forum that many members also use p90x dvd's to supplement Cathe's workouts. Which DVD's do you prefer out of the series? If I were to order 2, which do you suggest are worthwhile?

Hi Zandy,
I have the whole P90X series and just love it. I use Tony and Cathe together all the time and feel I am getting the best of both worlds. But if you can only get 2 I would say definitely get Core Synergistics. It is so different and you will feel it everywhere. Then I'd have to say go for either YogaX or Plyo-X. But really, the whole series is awesome!

Good luck:)

I think the intensity is just different....I have the whole set and love it. I got some great results with my 1st rotation. I agree about Core Synergistics as I think it is a great and different core workout, and unless you have a favortie body part you want a weight DVD for I also agree with PlyoX. I use different segments of PlyoX now to help with my running....:)...Carole

I think the whole set is the best fitness investment I've made for a long time.
If I had to choose two,it would be tough, but Plyo X (because it's different from many other workouts, and the Plyo isn't all high jumping in the air, but very functional directional changes, etc, without torquey moves) and Core Synergistics (also because ít's an interesting functional workout).

But Shoulders/arms is SUCH a great weight workout (even if you only do 1/2 of it), it's hard not to go with that. You could alternate it with Cathe's Slow and Heavy Chest/Back if you don't want to get P90X Chest and Back (lots of push-ups and pull-ups..the most intimidating of the P90X workouts, IMO).

Ruth,

Thank you so much for this info---I've been wanting to buy just the Plyometrics DVD without having to buy the rest of the DVDs, but thought I had to buy the entire set!

>But Shoulders/arms is SUCH a great weight workout (even if you
>only do 1/2 of it), it's hard not to go with that. You could
>alternate it with Cathe's Slow and Heavy Chest/Back if you
>don't want to get P90X Chest and Back (lots of push-ups and
>pull-ups..the most intimidating of the P90X workouts, IMO).

I am kind of hesitating to get the whole set. I have hardcore series. Just thinking if I buy Core Synergistics, Yoga X and PlyX, and substitue GS series or S&H or PS,SM, to the rest it. Can I get the same result? Also how easy to follow the instructions compared to Cathe's?

Thanks

WantFit

>What does everyone think of "Cardio X"????

CardioX was not one of my favorites. Not a long workout at all...like 20-25 min, low intensity? I hope someone corrects me if I am wrong...I think I only did it once. As I followed a doubles rotation I normally subbed running for CardioX...:)...Carole

Thank you! I would have been hugely disappointed if I had gotten that one at $29 and it was only 20-25 mins. I have heard of the system...and I was curious to see what all it offers. Is it mainly resistance training with heavy weights or light weight lots of reps? Also, the Plyo is catching my eye.

Thanks so much!

PlyoX will kick your....well you know...:)...P90X mainly focuses on the upper body. I have to say I got awesome results in my upper body and abs after 2 rotations...you can do either heavy weight/low reps or light weight/high rep...:)...Carole

>Thanks for the response! Is the intensity the same as
>Cathe?

I think the intensity of the weight workouts is higher than Cathe's, while the intensity of the cardio is lower (to not "burn" off the muscle). Core Synergistics has no comparison. Plyo X is rather unique as well.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.