over the counter retinol

I am also a Paula's Choice fan and so are several girls at my office. Her products have really made a difference. I love her products!

Count me in as a Paula's Choice fan!!! Sound science, and budget friendly! GREAT RESULTS!!!!!:D

CVS makes a great generic of the RoC anti-wrinkle retinol serum that I've found is as good as the original for half the price! :D

Why not use the prescription Retin-A generic instead-tretinoin cream? Its now only $15 a tube and is the gold standard still for anti-aging/wrinkles according to my dermatologist. One tube lasts me 6 months because you use a very thin coat. Way cheaper than over the counter stuff.
Beth

My insurance gives me two tretinoin cream tubes for $15!!!!!!!!!!!! That lasts a long time! Also better than OTC stuff. You have to go to the dermatologist for an Rx, but it's good to get your skin checked anyway. Sure works for me.

Why not use the prescription Retin-A generic instead-tretinoin cream? Its now only $15 a tube and is the gold standard still for anti-aging/wrinkles according to my dermatologist. One tube lasts me 6 months because you use a very thin coat. Way cheaper than over the counter stuff.
Beth

Fab recommendation, thanks!

Clare

retinol

Thank you so much for your recomendation ladies. I've decided to stay away from any retinols or retin A for now. I'm 45 and I was blessed with good skin I just keep hearing that every women over 40 should be using a retin A. I live in Az and I'm out in the sun alot on the sidelines while my kiddos are playing soccer I would't want to irrate my skin. I was looking at paulas webstite and they recomemded the glycolic 5% for daily use and the 10% resurfacing weekly treatment. I'm a bit confuse. I was always told that exfoliating once or twice per week was best. With this paulas choice I would be exfoliating daily, I don't know if I like that idea. your thoughts on ths would greatly be apreciated. Thank you!

Lulu

Hi Lulu,

If you've got some time to spare I'd recommend looking at some of the articles on Paula's website.

Expert Advice

If you live in Arizona...well...honestly if you live anywhere the sun comes up I think the first and foremost never-miss-it product you have to use 365 days a year is sunscreen.

And yes, for sure, retinol in any form will make you more sensitive to the sun. So you'd want to be thoughtful about your sunscreen.

In response to the advice to get prescription Retin A...this is fine if you can tolerate it. I went that route - tried every.single.different.way to apply it and I just could NOT tolerate it. For those who can...go for it! Great stuff.

As far as exfoliation...that too...every day (again if you can tolerate it). Chose the type based upon your skin concerns. Mostly sun damage and wrinkles? Try alpha hydroxy acid. Got blocked pores or acne? Beta hydroxy acid.

I exfoliate every day. I use alpha hydroxy acid although I have blocked pores because, again, experimentation shows me I can't use beta hydroxy acid. :mad: Oddly enough I can manage a little bit of the BHA 9 just under my eyes though for my milia.

The Paula's Choice customer service is terrific and I'm sure they'd be happy to help you build a simple starter routine.

*I don't work for Paula's Choice...I just love her products and philosophy and am so glad they're bringing back the radio show!*

OK...I could go on and on....I'll stop here. :eek::p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.