Out of the Rut - Tuesday

SheWolf

Cathlete
Oh no, where is everybody?

I will admit, I completely fell off the wagon the pass few days and have been lost way deep down in my rut. My eating rut is starting to become a workout rut, because I have had a horrid cold for a week & a half and I was informed I had to wear my hand brace another 3 weeks. So all I have been able to do is easy cardio and no weight lifting. Well honestly, there just isn't anything in my workout room that fits that category that I am interested in doing.

Good news, tomorrow we are starting a Biggest Loser competition at work and I am the coordinator. Also I am a personal trainer and I need to renew my certification so now I am studying to be a Lifestyle & Weight Management Consultant. Now if those two things don't help me I don't know what will.:D

Hey, I had an extra minute so I thought I would check in. I haven't started working out yet because I still have bronchitis. I went back to the doctor and got more meds! I hope I can beat this soon, because I am ready to get back into the swing of things. I have been doing well on my eating and have lost some weight, but I need to get the exercise going again so I can hit my goal weight.

The kids are both doing pretty well. They seem to be getting better adjusted (I hope!). Just taking everything one day at a time, because their is still a chance they could return to their home.

Hope everyone has a great day! Finally the weather has warmed up a little out here, supposed to hit 60 degrees today!!

Hi ladies!

I will add to the trio of not being in top physical shape to workout :) I am finding it hard to completely engage in this lower intensity program I am doing to allow my IT band to settle down. I am finding that what challenges me is accomplishing the tough workouts. I tried a couple of new workouts that are low impact this week and wasn't real excited. I did Petra Kolber's PK Step. I absolutely hated it. Hated it!! I also bought a Tamilee Web cardio that I didn't hate but wasn't excited about doing it again. I have Cathe's low impact workouts but I don't want to wear them out and they tend to be heavy on squats and lunges and with the knee issue I can't do those with a full range of motion.

But for some good news...I have finally broken through my rut in the scale! In the last 4 days my body has let go of 4 lbs. Woo hoo!! I am finally down to 152. I haven't been this low in several years. A few more weeks and I might be back to the 140s. I so want to see 13* anything before summertime. I haven't been that thin since the summer before I got married 8 years ago. I am finally at a place where I don't feel like I am dieting. I finally feel like I am eating to fuel my body. Sometimes the fuel my body needs is Oreos LOL but they are in moderation! Mostly my diet is very good. I am so excited about that.

I am really enjoying checking in with you ladies and sharing our struggles. I am praying for all of us to heal quickly so we can kick it into gear!! Have a great evening :)

Hi!!!

I'm back and I'm right there with you guys health wise. We had our physicals a week ago on Monday and the Dr. called last Friday to tell me that I have low thyroid 9.96 which explains EVERYTHING that's been wrong with me. It's nice to know that I'm not just plain lazy!!

Anyways, I'm back on track now with medication and eating clean and healthy and I'm starting to feel like my old self again (knock on wood). The pharmacist said it should take about a week or so to notice a difference but I notice it already and I starting taking the pill on Saturday.

Daylight Savings Time didn't even bother me this year like it usually does!!

Anyways, today I did Jules Benson's Total Core Pilates and later on I'll do something else.

It feels so good to be back.

Cheryl

Hi Everyone! I haven't disappeared altogether. Physically I am more or less fine, but still crazy busy. Next week I should be able to get back on track. Still trying to do as much walking as possible, which seems to be helping, because I've actually lost a couple of pounds. Not sure why (probably losing muscle, I'm guessing), but I'm not complaining!

Hope to be back here more regularly next week!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.