Oprah's "No Phone Zone Pledge".......

I signed it too. I never text while driving, I have used my phone. I really wish it would
become a law. It makes me so mad when I see someone texting and driving. They are putting my life and my 2 year old sons life at risk. I think they should show the Oprah episode in high schools. There was a boy who killed 2 men because he was texting. He said no one taught him that he should not do it. Maybe I am old but not texting while driving seems like common sense.
Tracy

Great Idea Tracy!!!! I'm gonna go the the High School my son attends and talk to the gals in the office on Monday! Absolutlely, every student needs to see this episode. All I can say is.....it's an Eye Opener.......

If anyone else is interested in watching this episode, you can do it right from your computer on Oprah.com, I suggest, sitting down and watching it with your kids. (if you have kids, or not....you'll feel this mother's pain!)

Here's a video you parents might want to show your kids if they haven't already seen it. Even if they have, it wouldn't be a bad idea to make them watch it again.

http://kisscleveland.elvisduran.com/pages/p2article.html?article=5927657

Wow Jennie!......I had never seen that. But, guarenteed, I'll share that one with my sons. Made me have a bit of a flash-back upon watching it.....my high schooler (son - 17) totaled his car, last December 19th with 3 friends in his car. Luckily no cell phones were being used.......they all walked away from the accident......unhurt, expect for some minor airbag injuries.....
Let me tell you, getting that phone call from the paramedic at midnight, when you're sound asleep is just awful.

Thanks for sharing.....

I was once stopped at a stop sign, waiting for a car in cross traffic to pass, when the A-hole, without signalling, ended up taking a left (meaning I could have not waited for him).

The reason he didn't use his signal? : maybe because he had a cell phone in one hand and a cigarette in the other and was barely able to turn the steering wheel with the cigarette-holding hand.:confused::mad:

I recently heard on the news that the most recent study did not show a decrease in car accidents since bans have been put in place. I just don't believe that. Personally, I think, hands-free devices should be banned as well. There are too many distractions on the road. I agree with the poster that said if you need to make a call, pull over.

I recently heard on the news that the most recent study did not show a decrease in car accidents since bans have been put in place. I just don't believe that. Personally, I think, hands-free devices should be banned as well. There are too many distractions on the road. I agree with the poster that said if you need to make a call, pull over.

I agree completely Lina......I am now committed to doing the "Pull Over". I feel I still need to have a cell with me while driving.....1) for my kids.....2) for my business.....and so forth and so on..........But I now realize that NO phone call OR text message is that important. If I feel the need to take the call.....I will pull over from now on. No need for a hands free device here.

I'm excited about being this information to the kids at my sons HS. It's a start......next, their parents! Wish me luck. :p

Last edited:
I heard about a study that showed that young drivers (18-25) using a cellphone had the same reduced reaction time as drivers who were something like 65-70 years old.(We should all hope, then, that we don't cross paths with a 65-70-year-old driver talking on a cell phone!)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.