Opinions on Patricia Moreno's Kickbox Core Cross Train

I'm still looking for more advanced Kickbox w/o's and saw that Patrica Moreno's KB Core Cross Train is on the top 10 list for collage video. Any opinions on this dvd? I've never tried a Patricia Moreno w/o.

RE: Opinions on Patricia Moreno's Kickbox Core Cross Tr...

I just opened this one tonight. I did the 26 minute - core workout and I LOVED it! I have not even previewed the other portions but feel this part alone is worth it.

The video clips do not do it justice. She shows you a move slowly and then speeds it way up. Then she shows you another move and speeds it up again. There was no kicking in this portion at all, yet I was sweating slightly when we were done. My core feels thoroughly worked and most importantly after a very bad day at work, I no longer feel the need to cry or yell at my cats.

This is on my wishlist! Haven't tried it, but have read lots of good things about it. Would love to hear Catheites' opinions, too.

I "rented" this from Netflix. I thought it was just "ok." I was looking for more of a kickbox workout and it really wasn't as intense as I was looking for. It was also kind of annoying because after each section, it returned to the menu and I had to select the next section (as opposed to just "play all"). All in all, good workout but not one I will purchase.

Carrie

I ALMOST bought this at Barnes & Noble. I'm glad I didn't b/c I too would want a play all option...boo.
Angela:)

At first, I didn't like it as much as I'd hoped (after Powerstrike workouts). Besides the fact that it doesn't run straight through (which I've accepted by seeing the break between segments as a sort of recovery), I find that it's not as intense as it could be, especially in the last segment (which should be the most intense). In that segment, some combos are built up a bit too slowly, and just when you think it's going to reach that next level, it's over! (I think a lot of my disappointment after the first run-through was because of that last segment: like when the last scene of a movie taints your enjoyment of the entire movie).

After doing it again, I like it better. And I'm hoping each run-through will be better (also, since I will be more familiar with the workout and can tweak some segments to make the more intense, like going through some punching moves at double speed).

What I like about it:
There is a real emphasis on the core, and Patricia's cuing and moves provide an excellent standing core workout.

The music is good (but could be louder).

The scenery (some Arizona? desert) is gorgeous.

It is very space friendly (they workout on platforms that keep their moves within about a 7' x 7' area.

I think as one gets used to the workout, it can become more intense.

What I don't like:
The variable intensity, and too-low intensity of some moves done 'as-is'.

Patricia sometimes comes off like a new-age motivational speaker, repeating encouragement in the vein of "if you believe it, you can achieve it". It gets to be a bit much at times.

If you have Netflix, I'd definitely rent it first.

If I'd done that, I probably wouldn't have bought it (but now that I have it, I'm going to try to make it work: it's not a complete waste, IMO).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.