Opinions - Jillian Michaels Ultimate Crossbar

Hum...I've never scene this, but my thought is, why not buy something you can upgrade.

I bought a troy lite bar and I've been pushing it's 80 max for a while.

Jillians bar comes with 8 2.5 plates, I think that's what it says...and because of it's design, you couldn't even buy standard plates to go on it.

Sear has great sets for the price your willing to pay, as does Walmart. Get your money's worth out of your purchase.

I agree with Celeste. I think that it would be more prudent to purchase a regular bar. You will get much more use out of a regular bar. I use Olympic bars and Olympic plates but many people on this forum use the Troy lite bar.

Wow, I agree with the above. 8, 2 1/2 pound weights plus the 5 lb bar only equals 25 lbs total and they are selling it for $99.99, are they crazy?! I love my Troy lite bar and would love to purchase another one to have on hand or allow hubby to use it.....It is a really nice bar!

Denise

Thanks - that's what I was thinking. I might wind up getting it anyway - right now I am in the 15 lb range on a bar bell so I think it will last awhile. I looked into the troy lite which I like but shipping is around $35 putting the 40 lb set at around $100.

I also have a younger daughter so I was thinking that if and when I am ready to move up, I can pass this down to her. My other issue is storage space and this seems very compact.

Not sure what I will do, but thanks for the responses.

I bought a barbell from walmart and some weights. Also try second had stores for weights, I got 4 10lb weights for $5 each!! You never know what you might find. Also at Walmart I purchased a stand to hold the weights and barbell, compact and saves space...from Golds Gym. Best of luck to you.
mhunt

Thanks - that's what I was thinking. I might wind up getting it anyway - right now I am in the 15 lb range on a bar bell so I think it will last awhile. I looked into the troy lite which I like but shipping is around $35 putting the 40 lb set at around $100.

I also have a younger daughter so I was thinking that if and when I am ready to move up, I can pass this down to her. My other issue is storage space and this seems very compact.

Not sure what I will do, but thanks for the responses.

If you decide to purchase one, Dick's has it on sale for $59.97:)

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3998158

barbell

I just bought a barbell from wal-mart,the gold's gym brand. I saw jillians barbell and tho it looks good i have to agree that if you purchased her bar you may get stuck with just using the weight for it and hope she doesn't discountinue them. It happened with me with the danskin barbell,its a great barbell but they discountinued the plates for it. The golds gym bar is great used it today and I loved it.

Honestly, it looks like poorly made crap. Get yourself some real fitness equipment - you'll use them a lot longer and they are a lot more versatile. It really doesn't pay to go for those trendy things when it comes to fitness equipment.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.