ONLY 30 MINUTES IN THE MORNING- NEED MODIFY SUGGESTIONS

sassyella

Cathlete
Hello All,

I am the proud new mom of adorable DS, born November 12th, 2005. I just started back to work, so needless to say with the exception of wknds, my workout time has been cut to 30 min, maybe 45.

i've pretty much got my cardio options down in the morn, but need suggestions for weight traning modifications. i usually tack on a total body or circuit workout in its entirety on the wknd, but need suggestions for how to handle upper/lower body workouts w/ weights.

is 30 min per day doable for an effective weight workout? my goals are to lose body fat and sculpt muscle.

here's my plan:

M- cardio
t- upper/abs
w- cardio
th- lower/abs
fri- OFF
Saturday - circuit/total body
Sun - OFF or intense cardio

it's Tu and Th that i need the modification suggestions for.

Here are the weight traning dvd's/tapes that i have:

PS -dvd
CTX- dvd
ME - video
muscle max- dvd
Pyramids - dvd
Body Max - video
MIS - video

i'm sure there are other moms out there who share my needs. please let me know your suggestions!

I think that 30 minutes for weight work can be effective. And I think it's important to keep in mind that something is better than nothing. As your son gets older, you'll be able to add more time. Until then, do what you can and keep moving!

Here are some of my thoughts!

I think both of the PS upper body workouts are fairly short. I think you could do Back and Biceps in its' entirity (around 40 minutes). With Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps, you might need to foward through the last set of each exercise to fit your time frame.

PS legs can be split into standing leg work (about 30 minutes) and floorwork (about 17 minutes).

Muscle Max has upper and lower body premixes that should work in your time frame.

ME will be hard to do since it's on VHS. The DVD has some great premixes, if you're looking to upgrade.

For the Pyramids, use the pyramid up or down premix to shorten the length of the workout. Trust me, you'll still feel it!

Drawing a blank of Body Max. I think the upper body section comes in around 30 minutes though.

The MIS leg section is only about 18 minutes! Upper body is longer, but maybe you can fast forward during the last exercise for a body part to shorten the workout!

HTH!
Sabine

Body Max can actually be broken down into three seperate routines that would suit.

1 day - Step - about 30 minutes
2nd day - the leg blasts (20 minutes) and add the abs to it
3rd day - the upper body conditioning w/out the abs - under 30 minutes.
And of course - the CTX series is all about that amount of time. You can do a lot with what you have.

I was going to say, CTX might be just the thing for now, adding in the longer workouts or more intense cardios on the weekends. Not to sound negative or maternal, but you did just have a baby (congratulations!0 so you don't want to burn yourself out by overdoing it right out of the gate. :) (Been there, done that!) Otherwise, the Pyramid Up/Down premixes clock in around 40 min or so, I believe.

Good luck!
Marie

30 minutes is definitely enough time. Also, I agree with the other posts that you will add more time as your baby gets older. Congratulations on your baby and your motivation to get started working out! It is easy to use not having enough time as an excuse to do nothing. 30 minutes is a lot more than 0. Melissa

thanks so much for the suggestions! i will try to work out a new schedule this week... first week back to work, and between crying fits everyday getting used to my baby being in daycare, i only managed one 30 min session on treadmill this week. will try to make up some this wknd, and start fresh on Monday. Thanks again!

Congratulations on making time to get back into your exercise routine. I remember doing this after the birth of my second child. I too, found 30 minutes to be the amount time that I had. That is what so great about Cathe's workouts. You have all the premixes and can modify the workouts to meet your needs. I love pyramid upper/lower body. If you do pyramid upper body---pyramid down only--it will last about 20 -25 minutes. On my weight days, I would do this and add on some ab work for abot 5 minutes for a good 30 minute workout. As your son gets older and you gain your strength back and are able to balance the new changes in your life, you can increase your workout. You are off to a great start. Eat clean and get a great 30 minute workout and you will see results.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.