Ongoing issues with Live

I have Optimum Cablevision in NJ and I stream Live and OnDemand via Chromecast. A few weeks ago I was one of the subscribers who was not able to play Live videos at all for several weeks. I am now able to play them, however, they rarely play all the way through without stopping and restarting from the beginning, or stopping for a few seconds before resuming, etc. It is quite frustrating. Today I tried to do Lower Body Hiit with Abs. It took me 30 minutes to get through the first 23 minutes, with me running back and forth to my desktop to trying to get it to play the entire way through before I had to stop. I have no issues with streaming OnDemand, and we have no issues streaming anything else from our computer to the TV. Any suggestions?

No, I’ve never had a problem with onDemand. It’s only Live that freezes for a few seconds periodically, and then sometimes if it freezes for too long, the video will restart from the beginning.

Hi mianricard, the standard procedure for problems like this would be to try and:
  1. reboot your router
  2. clear cache if you're using a computer
  3. force close the app if you're using our Cathe Live app
But this may be some type of hard cache related to the DNS issue your ISP had with our stream a few weeks ago. Normally I would suggest contacting our customer service department, but we're getting ready to transfer Cathe Live to the Akamai network in a just few more days. This is the same network as our OnDemand service is on. If the above steps don't help I would just wait a few days and see if the switch solves your issues.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.