One Two Fee JUMP!

Aquajock

Cathlete
Yesterday after my aqua class I was putting in some solitary, Me-Time drill work in one of the lap lanes, and as I was doing so a mother came in with her four-year-old son. They set up in the lane next to me, and developed this little thing of him jumping off the side of the pool landing right in front of her.

As I was doing my in-pool stretches a little while later, Four-Year- Old said, "Mommy, what's that guy doing?" Mommy replied, "SHE'S doing some stretches, honey." Four-Year-Old thought for a second, said, "Okay . . . one two fee JUMP!"

Cannonball splash.

This morning I did my new favorite mish-mosh of I-Max 1 and 3, KM Boot Camp Challenge and Boot Camp cardio only premix, and at least 25 times during that particular MM I was compelled to think:

"One two fee JUMP!"

Out of the mouths of babes.

A-Jo

Annette ~

My daughter's 17. Just this past fall, I volunteered to lead a group of Daisies (the 5 & 6 year old girls division of my church's Missionettes organization). I have been having a ball with these little princesses! I had forgotten how sweet, pure and innocent they are. Our meetings start at 7PM. Just a few weeks ago, one little girl pipes up and says, "Why are we here not in the night??!" Well, it was the week of the time change and sure enough after 7 months of being there "in the night", she was thoroughly perplexed. Now I understand how grandparents become so smitten with these little angels! God bless them all.

Thank you for sharing your story. "One two fee JUMP!"

~ Kim

"Welcome the challenge...Embrace it...Don't fear it." -Cathe Friedrich

Kim - cute story!

I've gotta say, the reactions of children to my bald head are some of the most priceless memories I'll ever have.

A few weeks ago at work I was waiting for an elevator when a Somalian woman came to the elevator bank with her son, again about four years old. He looked at me, and looked at me, and I knew his little mind-cogs were trying to sort out a white woman who looked like no other he'd ever seen.

He rubbed his own head full of tawny, curly locks, looked me in the eye with his own huge, espresso-colored ones and said,

"Haiwcut?"

Talk about ripping my heart out -

A-Jock

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.