**One Day at a Time** June 4 - July 8

Jane Royse

Cathlete
This thread was started for those of us that have physical issues & can't always follow a standard rotation to a T. We offer support for those of us who have injuries, or conditions (fibromyalgia in my case) that we deal with on a (frustratingly) daily basis. Any & all are welcome!

Good afternoon, ladies!
I got a new computer at work today, so it has been an interesting morning! There's always a moment of panic when you think you've lost everything that was on your old computer! :confused::rolleyes:
Hope you all had good weekends!
I decided to continue on with STS over the weekend, but I'm not so sure now. Darned if my elbow isn't aching like a toothache...
Beautiful day here! The weekend was beautiful, too!
Take good care, & HUGS!

Hello All:D
Jane, thank you for starting the thread today!
Did reply in the other thread & don't feel like typing everything here again!:)
Up early this morning to water the garden before heading into the chiropractor!
I don't know if I should count watering the garden(1 hr.) as a workout or if I should do a DVD yet!
Talk later
Take care & hugs,
Cathy

Just finished 4DS Higher Intensity Step! It was fun to do this in it's entirety as I had been doing the premixes in the past!

Last edited:
Jane I'm sorry about your elbow! I know how you feel. Myfoot still bothers me. Ihave to keep resting it. The top of it was hurting today! Along with myback. I think my yoga is helping some. I did Kathy smith basic yoga sat. Mostly floor work it was relaxing.

Cathy. Nice work on HIS that ones choreography is kinda hard to get. Right. Well its tricky ..
I need today to be a rest day.
Hey has any one of u tried the crosstrain express series? Did you like it? How was music? Also circuit Max and I'm really interested in cardio kicks as well. Can you tell me what your all's thoughts are?

Good morning, ladies! It's another beautiful day here in Cincinnati.
I did Plyo Legs, STS Disc 29 yesterday evening, then I enjoyed a long, relaxing stretch! Aah!!!
Cathy: Great job on 4DS - HI! I usually do the hi-low step premix, just because I love the choreography. Of course you should count watering the garden as a workout! I hope the chiropractor was able to help you a bit.
Renee: I don't have Circuit Max or Cardio Kicks, so I can't help you with that one. I'm not good at remembering music in workouts, unfortunately. What I keep going back to Crosstrain for is the ab workouts. My abs get sorer from those workouts more than with any other.
Take care & HUGS!

Hello All,:D
Today was The Firm Fat Blaster minus Abs & a Yoga practice!

Jane: Great on Plyo Legs & the stretch must have been really good!
It's a beautiful day here with a nice breeze(a little one)!

Renee: I was so hoping your foot was getting better! I do pull my Kathy yoga at times too for easier days!
I haven't done Cross-Train Express or Circuit Max/Cardio Kicks for quite a well! At the time I didn't enjoy them but, I think it was because I was exercising in the living room & didn't have a lot of room! I haven't tried them since taking over a bedroom as a exercise room!

Take care & HUGS,
Cathy

Good morning,
Another glorious day here - I can't believe how blessed we have been.
Cathy: Great job on Firm Fat Blaster & Yoga. Sounds like you're feeling a bit better - YAY!
Renee: I was hoping your foot was feeling better, too... I think you're being very wise to listen to your body & rest when you need to. No sense in aggravating it!
Yesterday evening, I did 4DS Hi Intensity. My how quickly I forgot the choreography! LOL I guess I just haven't done it enough to make it "stick". But, it was fun, fun, fun!
Take good care everyone & go out & get yourselves a good day!
HUGS!

:DGood Morning:D
This morning was watering the garden & it's going to be hot here today, so I'm counting this as my workout!

Jane: Great job on 4DS Higher Intensity! How's your elbow after this workout? The step on this is a lot of fun, once a person learns the combos!
I'm counting today's workout as tomorrow's workout & I'll do today's workout tomorrow! So it'll be Bootcamp(Thurs), Kickbox(Fri), & Low Intensity(Sat):)

Renee: Hoping your doing well! We are going to try & do the June 2012 Rotation this month & it would be wonderful if you are able to join us!:)

Wishing everyone a great & wonderful day:)

Take care & HUGS,
Cathy

Renee are you able to do Turbo Barre & the leg work in Kickmax?

Last edited:
Cathy that is good idea also. I may try that as well... I knew you guys. Would know what to do.
So when are you all starting the June rotation? I want to but I see a lot of DVD I don't have what can I use in place of express cross training dvds.
I jogged today I think I may do the leg ccondiitoning on kickmax like u said cathe. Thanks!

Good Morning All,
I was up early & did 4DS Bootcamp & an hour weeding the garden! I really enjoy working my triceps:)

Renee: I've started the June rotation & I think Jane started last night? You can start today if you want & just start with the workout listed! If you post which workouts you don't have, we may be able to come with a substitution! Remember to modify anywhere to make it better for you!
Did you mean the Cross Training Express workouts? If yes then maybe substitute Time Saver Workouts if you have them & maybe Jane might have a suggestion here as well!

Jane: Hope your doing well & your new computers are not giving you too much grief!(sp?) How's your elbow?

Hoping everyone enjoys their day & find time for some fun!

Take care & HUGS,
Cathy

Cathy... I'd love to try. I haven't done a rotation before. So maybe it will b motivating to do it with you guys. No I don't have timesaver ones. When I get home ill ck on my list and then post it here what I have .. I think it will b fun!

Good afternoon!
Sorry, but the new computer is still giving me fits - :mad: Everything is supposed to be so much faster & better, but it's not. & of course, now that they are installed, we can't get the techs to answer our emails or calls regarding our issues...
Yes, I had started the rotation, & should have done Bootcamp yesterday evening, but I didn't feel up to it, so I did Yoga Max instead. I should have done Yoga Relax instead - my elbow doesn't like all those downward facing dogs into high plank into low plank...
Cathy: Great job on the double workout;)!! Gardens are definitely a lot of work, but boy, they sure are worth it!
Renee: I always found it frustrating to follow a rotation & not have all the workouts, & I'm sure that between Cathy & me, once we know all you do have, we will be able to come up with some good substitutions for you.
Another beautiful day here - any day without our usual high humidity is a day we're blessed!
Take good care & HUGS!

Okay guys here it is, I have gotten alot in the 9 months i have been doing Cathe. I just loved them and kept getting them but it seems i never have what i need for a rotation.. go figure. Maybe this is what i need, stick to a rotation and maybe the weight will start moving. Thanks to both of you.

•Body Max 2
•Cardio Fusion
•Drill Max
•Low Impact Circuit
•Hardcore Series: Gym Style Legs DVD
•Hardcore Series: High Step Challenge
•Hardcore Series: Imax 3
•Hardcore Series: Low Max
•Hardcore Series: Muscle Max
•Low Impact Step
•Total Body Sculpting
•Basic Step
•Body Fusion
•Body Blast Series: Kick, Punch & Crunch
•Body Blast Series: Legs & Glutes
•Body Blast Series: Step, Jump & Pump
•Body Blast Series: Step Blast
•Body Blast Series: Supersets
•Body Blast Series: Push Pull
•Intensity Series: Boot Camp
•Intensity Series:Muscle Endurance
•Intensity Series: Imax 2
•Intensity Series: Cardio & Weights
•The Classics Volume 1:Step Heat
•Rhythmic Step
>Interval Max
>Maximum Intensity Cardio
•Slow & Heavy 3 Workout Set: Legs & Shoulders
•Slow & Heavy 3 Workout Set: Chest & Back
•Slow & Heavy 3 Workout Set: Triceps & Biceps
•Cross Train Xpress: All Step
•4 Day Split Cardio + Weights: Higher Intensity Ste
•4 Day Split Cardio + Weights: Lower Intensity Step
•4 Day Split Cardio + Weights: Boot Camp
•4 Day Split Cardio + Weights: Kickbox
•Other
•Low Impact Series: AfterBurn
•Low Impact Series: Athletic Training
•Low Impact Series: Cardio Super Sets
•Low Impact Series: Cycle Max
•Low Impact Series: Low Impact Challenge
•Low Impact Series: Slide & Glide
•Low Impact Series: Total Body Trisets
•Low Impact Series: Turbo Barre
•Low Impact Series: Yoga Max
•Low Impact Series: Yoga Relax
•Intensity
•Lower Body Blast
>High Reps
•Shock Cardio Series: Athletic Step
>Kick max
>Rock bottoms
>Cardio Core Circuit

Hello All:)
It's very muggy right where we are today! It already feels like 2 workouts!
I did 4DS Kickbox minus abs(because of low back)! The kickboxing went exceptionally well & my hip didn't start to hurt till the end of the leg workout!

Jane: I forgot to mention about downward facing dog! One of the very nice Cathletes reminded me to go to Child's Pose whenever another pose is difficult! So when my shoulder can't stand any more down dogs I go to Child's Pose! I haven't tried the other suggestions yet but did write them down so I'll have to try them!
DS & DIL arrived at hospital at 2:30 am but still nothing! We have to go over to their place later to check their animals! So hopefully soon! 2 of the grand-daughters want a girl but DS & DH want a boy! I want healthy!

Renee: I don't see Pyramid Upper & Pyramid Lower or HiiT or STS Total Body, none of the MMA
Okay for STS Total Body maybe try High Reps & for the MMA's maybe try Kick Punch, Crunch & Kick Max Premixes of about 50 min. length.

For Pyramid Upper, you choose 3 different weights(light, medium, heavy) & start with your lightest, then your medium, then heavy & then you go back to your medium & then back to your lightest! The rep pattern is 12 reps on lightest, 10 reps on medium, & 8 reps on heavy, then 10 reps on medium & 12 reps on lightest!
For Chest the exercises are Flyes & Bench Press! For Back the exercises are Pullovers & 2-Arm Rows! For Shoulder the exercises are Seated Rear Flyes, Standing Side Laterals & Front Raises! For Triceps it's Kickbacks & Seated Overheads! For Biceps it's Hammer & Traditional Curls! There's also about 8 min. of ABS!
For Pyramid Lower it's the same concept for weights & rep pattern!
The exercises are Leg Press, Lunges, Squats & Deadlifts! Then you break away from this pattern for calves & floor work! The floorwork has hamstring lifts, inner thigh, Glutes & outer thigh!

I'm thinking your Slow & Heavy for Upper & using the chapter selection for the exercises might work!
For the Lower Body maybe Legs & Glutes also using the chapters or the blender & the floorwork premix!
Maybe Jane will have some ideas as I'm not sure what to substitute for the Hiit!

Wishing everyone a great weekend:)
Take care & HUGS
Cathy

Cathy thanks for ideas.. I was wondering..how do you modify the deadlifts or squats? I know your back bothers you and you have to modify some stuff like the going.g in child's pose. But how r you doing on the weight work? I need to modify as well for lower back. Notsure what I did.. shoveling tile with glue..or pulling weeds or planting tomatoes or weight work outs
I have hard time with bent over rows dead lifts and squats. Geez LOL.

Oh so u will be having a new grand Baby! Congratulations!
Jane hope you are.doing great today. It was Great weather here today. How is the rotation doing?

Renee: I was thinking on the way back from DS's place that maybe you could substitute Cardio Core Circuit(approx. 30 min) & Intensity(approx.20-30 min. depending on what you choose to do) for the HiiT!

Deadlifts are one of my favorite exercises & I use to be able to go down quite far.Today I had to modify & only go down to knees or just past my knees!:(
For Squats,(prefer wide leg) I've switched to dumbbells & I make sure I can raise my toes a little as I come up as it seems to help keep me in alignment! You can hold the bar in front, which I sometimes do too. I no longer put the bar at the back of my neck after the MRI showed bulging discs & some arthritis as well!
I also have bulging discs & arthritis in my lower back as well! This is why no abs for now! For bent over rows I use my 15 or 18 lb. bar! It seems like I'm going to a 45 degree angle & I do keep the bar close to my legs & I prefer a little wider grip too! I could go heavier but my back at present doesn't like it & it's about not causing pain & to keep going & maybe one day I'll be back to where I was!:)

Jane & Renee: DIL had a baby girl! So far everything looks good!

Wishing you both a great weekend:D
Take care & HUGS,
Cathy

Last edited:
Cathy: Congratulations on the new granddaughter! Glad everything went well & everyone is healthy!!! Have fun loving on her & enjoy that new baby smell!!!! Great job on the Kickboxing & leg workout. I'm glad you didn't have much pain.
Renee: I think Cathy's substitution ideas are great. You could also sub Muscle Max for STS Total Body. & for the HiiT, Intensity does have 2 HiiT portions, or you could do premixes of Imax 2 or Imax 3 (if you can handle the jumping). If the jumping still bothers you, one of the HiiTs in Intensity is low impact. & Cathy is correct - Cardio Core Circuit feels like a HiiT workout to me! The first 20 mins. of Athletic Training is hard core, & think it could be substituted for HiiT, also.
Unfortunately, our computers at work are still giving us fits, & the IT guys have us blocked from a lot of internet sites. :mad: It's frustrating, to say the least. So far, I can get on Cathe.com from work.
I haven't worked out in a couple of days. I've done something to my hip again. It kept me awake quite a bit last night. I wasn't aware of doing anything to hurt it, but I'm going to continue to nurse it for as long as it takes. It never fails....:( just when I'm starting to feel pretty good...When I feel better, I'll just jump into the rotation wherever I'm supposed to be instead of trying to catch up.
It has been a month now on the bio identical hormones. I'm FINALLY noticing a reduction in hot flashes. They're not even close to being gone yet, & some days seem better than others, but at least there is some improvement & I cling to that!
Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
Take good care, & HUGS!

Cathy yes congratulations! That is so sweet I love babies. That's for digestions I'm gonna start the rotation Sunday.

Jane oh Gawd I'm so sorry your hip is hurting. I think u and I seem to be in the same boat! Everytime I think I'm finally getting normal I go back to some thing is wrong. I hate that.
How r ur all's diets!? R u guys doing paleo too? I see a lot of that but it looks more complacated to me.
I jogged today I did two miles In 21 min I think or 22 then I walk a mile. I thinking of doing something later today as well. Not sure. I'm still painting to. Trim is freaki

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.