? on Weighted Vests

audreygayle

Cathlete
I finally got the barbell up to 50#'s yesterday for S*H Legs. :)

But today I'm feeling that good soreness in the quads, and that not so good owies in the shoulder. My shoulders are a weak spot, the resilt of a car accident 4 years ago. I know I read something here about folks using a weighted vest instead of lifting so much overhead. Can you give more details? I think this might be my solution. I noticed that there are 2 models from ALL Pro, the 20# and the 40#. Which one makes more sense? Which ones did you all buy? and are you happy with it, or do you regret not getting the other size?

And, while I wait (impatiently, of course) for mine after I order it, do you think I could take the weight bars from my ankle weights and put them in jacket pockets as a make-shift solution?

Thanks,
~Audrey

IMHO, you might as well plunk down the dough and get the 40-pounder, because your legs train up so very well with a sustained program that I have no doubt you'll need it someday. That's what I did when I chose mine, and although I am certainly not up to the 40-lb mark yet, I know I'll get there someday. Plus it gives me something to work for!

As far as taking the weight bars from your ankle weights and putting them in jacket pockets as a makeshift, I guess my only suggestion would be to make sure the bars are evenly distributed on each side, so you don't have a workload imbalance, and do some careful testing of this temporary system before you do a full-blown routine in it; you may find that it's worth the wait for The Real McCoy.

A-jock
Welcome To The Weight Vest Gang!

Aquajock, thanks so much for the reply. I just ordered the 40#. I'll start with less weight of course, but that gives me a very good goal.. to be wearing all the weights. :) My shoulders thank you as they will be quite happy not to be lifting 50# overhead.

~Audrey

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.