? on total body weght training for Fitness RN

StepEdith

Cathlete
HELLO!

Would MIS and Power Hour be the best two Cathe's to get started on total body weights with. I have both of those tapes and I have Upper Body CTX and PS Legs too. I have been slacking bad on weights for a while now and just read your advise on another thread.

Would love to hear anything you have to tell me on this.

Edith
:)

Both are great total body routines, Power Hour focusing more on endurance with slightly less poundage. If the reason you've been slacking is purely from lack of motivation, I'd go for Power Hour first, because it's overall a more fun workout and seems to fly by!

Stacy

Think I'm slacking for a couple reasons I did tons of weights for about a year about 3 years ago due to an injury and I think I got burned out. Another thing I'm a step addict all the way end of story.

Both are great, but I find Power Hour to be a bit...relentless! Lots of reps, no rests...I am currently doing a short MIS rotation and I'm really liking it, low-ish reps (12 or 16), only 2 sets of each exercise, it seems to go by quickly and it's really easy to split into an upper body day and a lower body day,

Christine

I guess what I understood from Fitness RN's post on another thread was that's it's really important to make it a total body workout all at once 2-3 times a week for some reason until you have built up a base of good muscle for about 6 months?

Edith

Yes, that's waht I understood too, so either/or PH and MIS will do the job 2/3 times per week.

Personally, I prefer to do PS for legs and then follow that with upper body work from PH or MIS, alternating them. I do this twice per week as I too am trying to build up that base. Like you, I have to force myself to do this because I prefer cardio anyday. But I figure, the more muscle and the more endurance I can get, the more explosive those cardio workouts can be!

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.