On demand Fitness Videos

crabbyella

Cathlete
HOLA Ladies,

Just wondering if anyone out there with Time Warner or Comcast has tried the on demand fitness videos? I just got direct tv and I am very bitter if I am missing something good.

KIM

Comcast Corp. and partner Time Warner Cable on Wednesday launched an all-exercise, on-demand cable network that will use product placements, branded graphics and sponsored segments rather than traditional commercials.

The network, ExerciseTV, will feature more than 90 exercise programs ranging from pilates and Tai Chi to dancing and cardio workouts. The programs will be available only to Comcast and Time Warner customers with digital set-top boxes. The shows are available for no extra charge to customers with video-on-demand services.

Cable companies have been beefing up their video-on-demand offerings, which let viewers access stored programs at any time, to try to gain a competitive edge over satellite TV providers.

Philadelphia-based Comcast and Time Warner Cable, a unit of Time Warner Inc. in New York, also partnered with exercise guru Jake Steinfeld, chairman of Body by Jake Global, and Boston-based New Balance Athletic Shoe Inc. for the network.

New Balance, which has signed a multimillion-dollar deal with ExerciseTV, is the network's exclusive athletic footwear and apparel sponsor.

At a conference last week, Comcast CEO Brian Roberts reiterated that Comcast will be developing its own content rather than make another play for an expensive acquisition like Disney.

our cable company is not even offering this option and i have digital cable not regular cable. :-(
kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.