OMG OMG! Bill Maher is my FRIEND!!!!!!!!

LauraMax

Cathlete
On MySpace that is. I signed up just to send him an email & added him to my friends list (which at this point is a list of one). And he accepted my friendship! (OK OK, please do not point out to me that he probably just "selects all" & accepts them since he has something like 7000 friends, I've already had that thought & dismissed it :D)

He hasn't responded to my email, but it's just a matter of time. I am now one step closer to marrying hottest man alive #2. Congratulate me please! :D:p;):eek::eek::cool:

Ah, congratulations! :)

I understand exactly how you feel. My daughter's favorite singer mentioned her a couple of times on his weekly radio show, along with a song dedication, and we both swooned.

That's so cool. I love it that not only is he your friend, he's your only friend! (although I'm sure not for long) I still have not even tried to join MySpace or Facebook. I hardly have any friends in real life it would be way to depressing to not have any in cyberspace either.:(

I hardly have any friends in real life it would be way to depressing to not have any in cyberspace either.:(
You have us. :)

I refused to do the MySpace thing, but I tried FaceBook after being urged by my niece. It kinda ended up being a huge pain in the ass, and I stopped after a few weeks. I like forums better.

I'm happy for you, and of course, congratulations, but I have to tell you that I *love* him. Okay, I'm already married, but if I weren't...

Oh, and who's hottest man alive #1?

anne

Congratulations on your "friending" Bill Maher! How cool is that??

I'm on facebook and it says clear as day, "You have no friends." It's so depressing. That's why I hang here! :eek:

Gabrielle,
Your post made me laugh!! I feel the same way. I've been toying with the idea of signing up on MySpace just to e-mail someone.
Diana

I'm on facebook and it says clear as day, "You have no friends." It's so depressing. That's why I hang here! :eek:

I'll be your friend!! ;) Let me see if I can find you. :cool: Haha, I found you and sent you a request. Now you have ONE friend.

Last edited:

That's just cold! But it did make me laugh in a laughing with you not at you kind of way :)

You have us. :)

I refused to do the MySpace thing, but I tried FaceBook after being urged by my niece. It kinda ended up being a huge pain in the ass, and I stopped after a few weeks. I like forums better.

I prefer forums as well, though forums are a bit different than the social networking sites. ;)

The thing with the social networking sites is that they are HUGE time wasters!!!! I have both a MySpace and a Facebook, and truthfully, I just don't have much time for either. I'd rather be doing a Cathe DVD!! :p

I have a number of family members on FB, and I've re-connected with some of my grade school friends, which is kinda :cool:. I use FB mostly to say "hello" and "Happy B'day" to folks, and once in a while I'll post something of interest that I wish to share.

You can add me if you'd like.... just send me a PM and I'll reply with my profile URL. :)

Send me a Friend request. It's under Shelley Arnold!

Thank you and I just did!! I hope I found the right one--it said we had a mutual friend in common. Since I only have one friend right now (Jess Jugs--mwah!! mwah!!) that narrowed the choices considerably! :)

I am sure that I would LOVE FB if I tried it, which is why I'm afraid to try it. So many of my friends, relatives, and friends from college, high school, etc. are on it. I'm sure I would spend a ton of time there. And I already spend too much time here!!! So I'm avoiding it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.