Older workout on vhs

sknauss

I finally have all of Cathes older workouts Step in motion 1 & 2 , Rock bottoms, Mega step blast, Fit & firm and others. I love these workouts ( Step in motion 1 is my favorite wow what a great workout !!) My worry is if these tapes get damage or break they are hard to find I would love to have these on DVD any chance they could be available for purchase or am I going to have to be very careful with these tapes ????? I really really like these workouts and was surprised that I would do these workout so often they are fun !!!!! :)

Have you ever thought about taking them somewhere and have them copied onto DVDs? I think I read somewhere where there are companies that can do it for you -- maybe be pricey, though. I think you can even buy some type of machine yourself and do it. I'm thinking about doing those with all of my Live Tae Bos (since they are no longer available and are the only ones I like!). That question was posted before at the Firm YaYa website. I've copied a copule of their responses -- hope it helps!

One response:
"Depending on your video card in your computer, you might just be able to connect your VCR to your video card via regular coax, and use a video capture program to save the VHS to your computer. The only thing that sucks is that it is realtime...so a 40 minute video takes 40 minutes to capture"

Another response:
"Or you can buy a DVD recorder if you can't do the above or prefer not to. They range in price from about $100 & up. Actually, I had bought one @ Wal-Mart that used to sell for ar $90 & dropped to $50, 'cause they were selling so well. Granted, it's not as good as my $100 RCA, which was a GREAT price, but it does the job. Bear in mind, that if your VHS is copyright protected and \ or has macrovision, you will not be able to copy it {unless you buy something that overrides that}."

Julie

Thanks Julie,
I think video companies that do take VHS tapes and put them on DVD could not copy these because of copyrights ???? Do you know if Cathes tapes are copyright protected ??? I would pay to have these on DVD:) I am wondering if others like these tapes and felt the same way because I am addicted to these older workouts and I do have all of Cathes workouts except maybe one or two. Her older workout are just as good as her newer ones !!!!! :)

Hi sknauss,

At some point in time a few other people have been interested in having one or two of the same workouts on DVD; you are not alone. I’ve never seen SNM totally rule out Mega Step Blast (but it has been a while and a decision could have been made not to transfer to DVD). They have mentioned that some of the other workouts have been discontinued. I would advise you to be careful with your workouts and enjoy the tapes as long as they last.

Here’s a link to another thread about the older workouts:

The land of lost workouts

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?...ic_id=29418&mesg_id=29418&listing_type=search

Enjoy your workouts,

jordan

Jordan
Thanks I will be careful :) I have to admit I have half of Cathes workouts on VHS and the other half on DVD. I really like all her workouts and I was pleasantly surprised how good her older workout are. Sometimes her older workouts are for sale on e-bay and if mine break or dont work I will buy them again if I can find them :)

I bet they are probably copyright protected. Darn -- probably my Tae Bo ones I would like to have on VHS are, too!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.