Old Fashioned Remedies are Often Best

Soxy

Cathlete
Soak in an Epsom salt bath. I saw it on a clip of the Dr Oz show that someone had posted. It made the woman lose a couple of inches INSTANTLY!! Surely it was only temporary, but it sounds like what you are looking for!

Funny, while I was away in Bermuda last week, a massage therapist recommended I try soaking in Epsom salt baths for my muscle aches and problems with muscle cramping I've been having lately. She said "many people have low magnesium levels" which made sense. Since the skin is such a large organ, you can absorb some magnesium from the Epsom salt bath which can help speed healing. I've only done it once, after a hard, Cathe Workout Day, but I felt great afterwards. An additional bonus was I used the crystals to rub my skin and sore muscles while I was in the bath, and my skin was silky smooth too!

Mark Hyman, MD: Magnesium: The Most Powerful Relaxation Mineral Available

I still do Epsom salt baths added with my whirlpool jets. It makes my muscles so relax. I also use the Epsom cream for at home post workout massage. My dh gives great massages. Its feel and work great.

I keep saying I will try a professional massage but since all I've got to say is I'm a bit sore then my dh is working those hands. (not what you're thinking dirty minded folks :D)

I use Dr. Teal's scented Epsom salts (lavender or spearmint & eucalyptus) and I LOVE THEM!!!! I admit I don't use them as often as I should...it's tough to take a hot bath in this steamy southern summertime; but I really enjoy it when the weather is cooler! I'll have to look for Epsom cream!

here is the link. Just fast forward a tad to .50 and the part with the salts starts.
Anti-Aging Guide for 2014, Pt 2 - Whole-Body Anti-Aging Guide 2014 | The Dr. Oz Show

I don't do hot baths that much either. I used to love them, but now a hot bath just wipes me out anytime of year. According to the link above, the Epsom salt bath water should be less than body temperature (about 94-97 degrees F), and soak for at least 10 minutes twice a week. That I can handle.

I use Dr. Teal's scented Epsom salts (lavender or spearmint & eucalyptus) and I LOVE THEM!!!! I admit I don't use them as often as I should...it's tough to take a hot bath in this steamy southern summertime; but I really enjoy it when the weather is cooler! I'll have to look for Epsom cream!

I'm going to check out these Dr. Teal's! They sound fantastic & so does this cream.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.