Okay we hate Bermuda shorts...BUT..

dmd

Cathlete
What one fashion do wish would come back? :D

I was born in 1961 and the dresses were sweet..

I also love the fashions of the 40's.

I don't know what I hope comes back, but I hope that low-rise, boot-cut and flares don't ever go out. With my short torso, the low-rise are the best. And I hate straight legs and ankle-biters!

I don't like bermuda shorts at all! So unflattering...on even supermodels.

I also like the dresses of the 60's. My mom was married in the 60's and she looked so pretty in her wedding pictures. I love all of the pictures of her from that time period and the way she dressed. She's still gorgeous!! See my link below for a picture of me with my mom. We look like sisters still!

The fashions of the 40's were great too! That's when my grandma got married. I love all her pictures from that period too and the way she dressed!!

At barely 5', I hate anything that makes my legs look even shorter, including Bermuda shorts, capri pants, etc. I like my shorts just above mid-quad. I also like the current trend of lower-rise, boot cut pants/jeans etc. It's even hard to coordinate the length of tops, outwear, etc. so that I don't look shorter than I am. I also have to avoid anything oversized (even if it is comfy) so I just wear that stuff around the house.

I never paid much attention to trends, so I don't know what fashions I would like to come back. Hey, my favorite fabric is Polarfleece!!

--Lois

"Don't forget to breathe!"

I have a long torso, and I just loved high waisted pants, they actually fit the way they were supposed to! I also like the big earrings of the 80's, but not the hair!:eek:

Hi Dani,

Your pictures are beautiful. Did you get married at the Naperville Settlement? The chapel looks familiar. My best friend got married there 10 years ago. Wow! Where did that time go?

Anyway, as far as fashion, I agree I hope nothing from the 80's comes back. Also, agree with the low rise jeans post. Love them.

Have a good one.

Dallas

I am not a fan of Bermuda shorts but I also hate it when I walk into a store and can't find a pair of shorts long enough to cover my butt my cheeks! I prefer shorts that are somewhere between leaving NOTHING to the imagination and leaving ALL to the imagination! lol :) For this summer, I went out and bought a pair of maternity shorts that I am hoping will fit me post-delivery...I have no idea what size I will be or what I will fit into out of my summer wardrobe from last year. I am liable to be a fashion disaster this summer. :( x(

~Wendy~

I smoked my last cigarette on March 17, 2004 at 10:00 pm!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?WENDYMIN

http://lilypie.com/days/050519/1/0/1/-5/.png[/img]
EDD: 05/19/05

>At barely 5', I hate anything that makes my legs look even
>shorter, including Bermuda shorts, capri pants, etc. I like
>my shorts just above mid-quad. I also like the current trend
>of lower-rise, boot cut pants/jeans etc. It's even hard to
>coordinate the length of tops, outwear, etc. so that I don't
>look shorter than I am. I also have to avoid anything
>oversized (even if it is comfy) so I just wear that stuff
>around the house.

I so agree and do exactly as you do! I'm 5', too. I only wear frump-ware(rarely) at home when I know nobody will show-up or care.

I heart sank when I saw that Old Navy commercial with Bermuda shorts! Yuck!

Namita

I sell clothes alot on ebay and swear I have inseams memorized so I would have to say a 3 inch inseam is just the perfect length for me when it comes to shorts. Not too short to where you can see what I had for breakfast (LOL), and not too long. 1 1/2 inseam is just going to show off more butt IMO. I do love the low rise too and flares/bootcut.

Charlotte~~

I was just thinking what Donna said. The low-rise boot-cut and flared pants are the greatest thing since sliced bread in my opinion. No, better, cuz I can't have the carbs in the bread anymore. I am SO afraid that they are going to go out of fashion again and I won't be able to find them!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yeah, I tried a pair of Bermuda shorts on at Old Navy just to see what they were like...lol, it looked like someone chopped my legs off at the knees. I have a feeling they will catch on though, at least with teenagers...

I don't wish anything would come back but I hope flip flops never go out of style... I love my 4 pairs of Reef flip flops, so comfy!

Wendy, I have a feeling you're not going to care about being a fashion disaster this summer. You're barely going to have time to brush your teeth and a good day will be when you manage to get out of your pajamas.:)

I, too, am a fan of the low rise, boot cut pant. Being long-waisted and having a belly button ring, pants that are "regular" waited are either too short in the rise for me, or they sit right on my belly button, which is NOT comfortable. And the boot cut just makes your legs look longer and that's never a bad thing.

>Wendy, I have a feeling you're not going to care about being
>a fashion disaster this summer. You're barely going to have
>time to brush your teeth and a good day will be when you
>manage to get out of your pajamas.:)

LOL--you make some very valid points, Shelley! Thanks!:)

~Wendy~

I smoked my last cigarette on March 17, 2004 at 10:00 pm!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?WENDYMIN

http://lilypie.com/days/050519/1/0/1/-5/.png[/img]
EDD: 05/19/05

I agree about the bootcut pants-I love them! However, my waist is small proportioned compared to my hips. Well saddle bags really. So a size 4 will fit me, but I always have that big gap in the waist! It's also because I am short-waisted, if you know what I mean. If I pull the pants down so that the "waist" is actually on the hips where it's supposed to be, the crotch is knee level! I have a hard time finding pants lol.

So what I wish would come back were pants cut a little higher that actually fit the waist!

Oh yeah. Love '30s & '40s fashion. Wide brimmed hats, white gloves, long slim skirts, beautiful high heeled shoes. Back when being feminine was more the rule than the exception.

Hi Dallas. Thank you so much. :) Yes, we got married at Naper Settlement. What a small world! We loved it!!! We couldn't have picked a more perfect spot.

I'm 5'01'' and I love low rise jeans too! But, not too, too low where when you bend over your undies show in the back. :)

Oooooooh, my fave '40s look is the Katherine Hepburn thing. Beautiful pants with cuffs, gorgeous silk shirts, oxfords. Yeah. Love it. But I think that kind of look is fairly classic and never goes out of style.

I noticed that Gwen Stefani has a clothing line out remincent of the 1940's ..beautiful necklines, pencil skirts, heels, I love it ...so strong and yet so soft. :) deb

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.