Okay, maybe I am a weenie, but I love the beginner dvd!!

dpiglet

Cathlete
I mean LOVE it! Okay, so maybe I am not gasping for air and thinking I am gonna die if I have to do one more terminator climber, but it is so fun...and makes me feel so fit. The body fusion section is great and the add ons are just what I have been looking for...something a bit different but still kinda hard. I got really sweaty doing body fusion the other day and the ab add on has some different moves on there making it interesting....especially the knees on the ball curls. I haven't even looked at the other two dvds yet, but I have feeling this is a series I am really going to enjoy! Yeah! Donna.

I am also loving these. I was drenched in sweat today after Body Fusion and my abs were hurting with the ab work. Tomorrow I'm going to try the High Step Circuit workout and I can't wait.

RE: Okay, maybe I am a weenie, but I love the beginner ...

I may be a weenie too cuz love this workout also. It is fun.:) :) :)

JoJo

Thanks for your reviews. I finally ordered mine. I'm looking forward to using the beg/int workouts for "light" days. I have a feeling I'll be using them more than the PP/SS DVD, which I still haven't found a place for.:)

Pinky

I love these workouts also! Double thumbs up to Cathe! I did Body Fusion today and thought it was awesome!

Jo

I can't wait to get mine. I am loking forwrd to this workout. I don't want to work out very hard every single day. I like having lighter days, they are necessary for me.

I did the High Step Circuit today and it is very very easy. I'll try it next time with 8" for cardio and see how it goes. I did like the workout and know I will use it for a light day.

Well cool! I just received my DVDs today. It's a cardio day for me and since I'm coming off of a mild sinus infection, I think the beginning step workout will be PERFECT for me!

A FEW TIB BITS ABOUT THE NEW BEG/INT WORKOUTS

Hi All! I'm glad to hear these beginner and intermediate workouts are finding a loving home in your workout rotation.

In my experience, I have discovered that if a workout is too doable the first time, it will rarely get used more than 5 times. The same applies if it is too tricky. So I designed the beginner to intermediate DVD's to have an appeal that meets multiple levels of fitness. As a beginner you will feel challenged (but not overwhelmed), as an intermediate exerciser you will probably feel perfectly challenged with intensity and variety, and as an advanced exerciser you can simply use heavier weight or a higher step height to be confidently challenged.

The upper/lower/and ab add ons will also provide a challenge to all fitness levels depending on what tubing resistance or weight you use. Please don't assume that the tubing exercises are too easy. I made sure that I selected the ones that I found to be the most effective and guess what?.....in most instances, if you have medium resistance tubing, you will find the tubing exercises HARDER than those with hand weights. Especially shoulders, triceps, and outer thigh work }(

You'll notice that DVD #1 has the Basic Step workout designed for the "beginner to stepping" participant NOT the the "new to fitness" participant. For this reason you'll discover that Basic Step's combo number one is easier to master but then combo two is taught a little faster and is more complex (yet all completely low impact). This will give the beginner a challenge to strive for after mastering combo #1.

Body Fusion, the intermediate workout on this same DVD, is not recommended until Basic Step is mastered. This is because it involves some higher impact moves, a bit more complex choreography, as well as the inclusion of weight training segments.

DVD #2, High Step Circuit, not to be confused with High Step Advanced Training, is an intermediate workout that incorporates everything into one workout. Strength, cardio, coordination, stability training, and endurance. There is a lot happening but it is all very easy to understand with options and various step heights offered along the way. I designed this workout to layer itself so that the heart rate remains elevated while the weight work builds upon itself within each cycle. Feel free to up the resisitance with tubing, hand weights, and step height if desired.

Enjoy!

RE: A FEW TIB BITS ABOUT THE NEW BEG/INT WORKOUTS

Cathe,

I thought the basic step DVD was a great addition to my workout tapes. I was sweating with all of them. I am do happy with my prchase and you have the best delivery in the industry.

Karen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.