Okay ladies, need step advice...

lov2bfit

Cathlete
I have been a major Cathe fan for the last 7 years, but have not purchased any of her real recent stuff. I am looking for a new DVD to add to my collection similar to Step Blast or Rythmic Step, or my favorite Body Max 2 Cardio Blast Premix. I like more advanced workouts, so I am asking all you Cathe experts out there for a recommendation. I was looking into her Step Moves and Athletic Step DVD's and was hoping for some honest opinions on if they are a good workout and similar to the workouts I previously mentioned.

Any advice would be appreciated. I need more variety (although with the amount of older Cathe DVD's I have my DH would beg to differ :)).

Katie

I have her newest - intensity - which opens with about 30+ minutes of step. it's intense. my heart rate stays up in the 150's. Her Hiit segment which is another 30 min. +, which follows the step workout, is amazing too. It's a fun workout and time flies. I'd recommend it. I have a few others on the way - athletic step and LIC so can't comment yet on those. I love Bodymax 2 - too. Hope that helps a bit.

I think both Athletic Step and Step Moves are fun. Step Moves would compare pretty well with Step Blast. Fun step routines, then you run through them all finished. There's isn't an added blast portion to it though like Step Blast has. Athletic Step is what is says. More athletic moves rather than dancier type.

I love intensity, but the step is easy as far as choreography goes, so if you like the more complicated routines you won't find it in Intensity. However, it is truly an incredible workout. Every time I do it I still wonder how it is that step can be THAT hard. :p

Step Moves is a great workout, the choreography is a lot of fun, I just did it last night. Athletic Step is more of a plyo based workout (although there are some impact moves in Step Moves but I do the low impact versions.) Both have really fun choreography. There is a lot more turning on Step Moves. Step Moves is in my top 5 Cathe workouts.

Buy both;)

I also love Rhythmic Step, Body Max 2 and Step Blast. I like Step Moves but don't love it, but I think I'm in the minority around here. I prefer Atheletic Step to Step Moves. It's a little more intense, but is on the shorter side. I would love just 1 more combo! So from the newer workouts, I would add another vote to Intensity. It is my new all time favorite workout. Just when you think you just can't do any more, Cathe mixes things up and you can go on. It is a great workout. Do you aready have the original Body Max? I just love the step part of that one too. Power Max is another of my Go-To fav step workouts. HTH and doesn't just confuse things more! It's hard to go wrong with a Cathe workout!
Pam

P.S. you didn't mention any of the Imax's and they are all awesome if you don't already have them. I think Imax 2 is my favorite.

I also love Rhythmic Step, Body Max 2 and Step Blast. I like Step Moves but don't love it, but I think I'm in the minority around here. I prefer Atheletic Step to Step Moves. It's a little more intense, but is on the shorter side. I would love just 1 more combo! So from the newer workouts, I would add another vote to Intensity. It is my new all time favorite workout. Just when you think you just can't do any more, Cathe mixes things up and you can go on. It is a great workout. Do you aready have the original Body Max? I just love the step part of that one too. Power Max is another of my Go-To fav step workouts. HTH and doesn't just confuse things more! It's hard to go wrong with a Cathe workout!
Pam

P.S. you didn't mention any of the Imax's and they are all awesome if you don't already have them. I think Imax 2 is my favorite.

Add another vote for Intensity. I agree with Pam: I prefer Athletic Step to Step Moves. And the choreography in Athletic Step was harder for me to learn than Step Moves--go figure. Intensity, while it doesn't have as much choreography, has all the flavor of my favorite Cathe step workouts.

I would add IMAX2, Low Max as well. IMO, I love alll of her step workouts for different reasons.

Thank you so much for all your responses. I do have all the IMAX's (IMAX 2 is one of my favs, in fact I plan to do that this morning). I decided with the sale going on right now to just get both Athletic Step and Step Moves. I like the dancy aspect for fun factor but the athletic aspect for heart rate. I'm so excited! I was going to get HiiT too, but decided I'll hold off on that one. It looked very IMAX/Bootcamp to me.

Again, thanks! Can't wait for my purcahses!!

Katie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.