OK so I tried Step Blast w/a 6 inch step this morning

Maximus

Cathlete
& it did make a difference. My heart rate was still up pretty high, but the biggest difference I noticed was that I was much more precise w/the moves. With an 8" step I'm usually getting pretty sloppy towards the end, plus the power moves have much less height to them. So I liked it.

The only problem I had was 6" is the lowest my step goes, it's basically the step w/o the risers (an old Reebok model, black w/the weird gray risers). It kept moving on my hardwood floor. I have limited space & it was making me crazy. I finally ended up putting a small rug underneath, but if anyone has a better suggestion it would be most welcome. :)

RE: OK so I tried Step Blast w/a 6 inch step this morni...

Hey Maximus! How about one of those thin meshy rubber liners that are used for undercarpets and lining shelves cut to fit where your step contacts the floor. Probably not as bulky as a small rug.
I also use a long narrow piece of this meshy rubber to roll around my bar as padding for squats. HTH.

StepBlast is a such fantastic workout, fun and challenging!

Take Care
Laurie:)

It is my favorite--that & Power Max which I'm still loving after all these years. :)

So do I have to actually put out money for something like that? Or do you think I could pick up a remnant or something?

Hi Laurie!! How about cabinet liner that you can get either at Drug Fair or Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Maybe you can cut it and glue it to the botton or another suggestion is a yoga mat which is pretty cheap at target that you can lay flat on the floor and put your step on it. Just a suggestion.

PowerMax is a goodie too, I should give it a go this week!

The liners I'm referring to are from 'Rubbermaid' and come in a little roll for about $3.00 here in Canada. They carry them at Wal-Mart where the sticky cabinet liner rolls are. I'm not sure if 'Rubbermaid' is just a Canadian thing or if you have it South of the border. I also cut a little piece which I use if I have a jar that I can't open. You'd think with all of the strength work we do no jar would be to tight but, hey, keeps us humble:p

Take Care
Laurie

Here's another vote for the Rubbermaid liner. That's the first thing that I thought of when I read to post--and then I saw it was already mentioned. The roll is very cheap. You can find it at Wal-Mart, as mentioned. It's pretty handy stuff. I have some under my DVD player to keep that from sliding all around. And I use a piece for downward-dog stretches at the end of workouts when I don't have my yoga sticky-mat out. A sticky-mat would suit your needs, but the Rubbermaid stuff is similiar and less expensive.

Carol F

I have the firm box 3 and the high step as well as long club step. All 3 if these do exactly the same thing as you were describing. Sliding and moving as soon as I step on them. My solution for me was to use a yoga mat. Much more secure than a rug.
Hope this helps.

Dlburner:+

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.