Ok, Cathe, explain this one?!?

eaglobo

Cathlete
I did Drill Max today for the first time in a while (#%$@#*&^%!!!...the soreness) but loved every minute of it, I think!!

Anywho...Why is it that I have no problem doing the Bomb Diver Pushups, I could do those all day..yet I can't do a straight leg pushup to save my life????

Anyone else who may have some info, please go for it!

Not Cathe but i just had to tell you how much i agree with you! i can get maybe 2 all the way down and all the way up straight leg push-ups out. I usually only go half way down to the floor or do the push-ups on my knees! But i have no problem with the bomb-diver push-ups either!! I'd love to hear the answer. I'm sure it has to do with the different muscle you use like shoulders

Thank you for this!!! I was beginning to wonder if it was just me!! I know one thing, I am pretty sore right now!! In a good way!

I am the exact same way! Maybe its because there is no pressure on my lower back during the bomb divers...regular pushups kill my back even though its very strong, I have some wonky disks or something that cause me grief.

tneah,

I could have written your reply word for word, I have the exact same scenario!!

Regular straight leg pushups cause my lower back to almost wobble, for lack of a better term.

jerry, and all,

i think age may have a little to do with this. (no offence to anyone, I'm 43 clarifying) but back in my old days I could do heaps of pushups (not dive bomber ones my back s no good for them) but now, I can manage only 3 or 4 straight legs and then I've got to drop to my knees! My back doesn't hurt the next day either.

Andrea

Andrea,
I am 21 though!! I have played sports and been in pretty good shape and athletic pretty much since i started tee-ball and soccer at age 6. I cant use that excuse haha
Lauren

I feel so much better knowing that I am not alone. I too have trouble with straight leg push-ups, and I always have (i'm 50):D
I always thought it was because I don't have the upper body strength, but I now know it is not true.
Thanks for sharing

That's really interesting, so maybe this e-mail will bump up your question.

I know when I attempt dive bomber pushups, my shoulders click and clack, which does make me a little nervous, like maybe I'm not doing them right. I certainly can't go all the way down and back up like Cathe and crew.

Have a great day!
Dawn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.