O.k...I've turned into a Witch with a "B"!

gidget1978

Cathlete
Normally I am in a good mood all the time but yesterday and especially today are quit different.
Its not PMS cause I had that last weekx( so I know thats not the prob.
This is what I "think" the problem is, tell me if I am wrong.

I started P90X on Sun, I have been trying to follow the meal plan although on Sun and Mon I did have more carbs then I was suppose to but still not as many as Im use to.
Today I had no carbs until 3ish and then a little sweet treat after supper. I was ready to turn my DH inside out today:-( I thought I was nasty with him b/c he was suppose to workout with me but as seemed to bail! Not only that but b/c he was suppose to start working out, he continued drinking protein shakes even though he wasn't actually DOING anything and now we are all out. I was kinda thinking..."is it possible for you to leave the drinks for the one working their butt off"?
BUT I think Im a *ITCH b/c Ive been trying to stick to a low carb diet. Not only that, I am following the classic rotation but am still running so I think I need more fuel. Im not lazy or sluggish just nasty.
Any thoughts? Anyone do P90X, follow the food plan and turn into a complete crazy women? LOL It just seems like the least little thing sets me off and I don't like it.

Lori:)

RE: O.k...I've turned into a Witch with a

Lori - I'm sure it's your carbs because it sounds just like me last week. I have been in the process of adjusting my diet to be more in line with the BFFM way of eating, but I went from eating lots of carbs to very low carbs very quickly and boy did I get grouchy!

The last couple of days I have switched to more moderate carbs (about 40% of my total calories) and I feel much better. My workouts were suffering also (doesn't sound like you had that problem) and they are back to normal now.

Well I have issues with my husband and older kids dipping their fingers into my protein powders when they are not working out namely my husband.

He drinks the shakes then follows it with a very unhealthy food... that irks me. Lately though he has left my protein powders alone since I did say something about how they are not cheap and I need them.

Selfish? Perhaps I may be but if my husband is not even going to make an effort to workout out then leave them alone ---- so I totally get your point about the protein powder. As for the older kiddos using them - I put a big stop to that lol

> Any thoughts? Anyone do P90X, follow the food plan and turn
>into a complete crazy women? LOL It just seems like the least
>little thing sets me off and I don't like it.

There is a definite biological reason for what you're going through. Eating carbohydrates releases chemicals in the brain (like seratonin)that are calming (which is why people can binge on foods like cookies and cakes and other high-carb processed foods--it's like getting a drug high).

I'd recommend adding more carbs (NOT processed, though, the slower-releasing complex carbs, like whole grains).

With your still running, I definitely think you need more carbs. The first tier of the P90X diet it pretty restrictive (I never followed it, but I looked through it). It's meant as a 'jump start' and not as a long-term diet. I think if you put the work in, you don't need to do the first tier. Go to the second tier, or find something between 1 and 2.

After all, we don't want a homicide over missing protein powder (which your DH certainly should go out and buy, n'est-ce pas?) on our hands!}(

Hi Lori!

I am with you girl!! My father in law drank the last of my vanilla soy (the only thing I'll make my protein shakes with!) so I couldn't have my protein shake last Friday morning and I FREAKED! (hey, it's my morning pick me up!) I swear it ruined the rest of my day x(

As far as P90X, I *just * started the classic rotation yesterday and I won't be following the meal plan but simply because it's too time consuming for me at this point (with the rest of my family to feed, etc.) However, I agree that the low carbs play a part in your "mood", shall we say?! I know when I go low carb I get very weak and irritable. Hang in there. Like they say, "this too shall pass!"

None of my family work out with me, but they (my kids -- not my husband) love my protein shake powders. I remedied this problem by hiding them from my kids (one is now in college, though this was a problem while she was at home, but the other loves them too -- she's 15!). I have my secret stash and no one knows where it is! I know this is terrible, but I learned a long time ago to do this (along with other items!). The girls were terrible about taking my shampoo, makeup, etc from my bathroom -- that would irritate me so much! So I started hiding everything from them. The only problem was that at times I forgot where I would hide things!!!

Good luck! Julie

Hey Tammi! I never did the meal plan just for that reason... seemed to time consuming and too hard w/ a family! But the portion plan has worked well for me. I would be mad (and shocked!) if my FIL drank my soy milk too! (although I might be happy that he actually picked something healthy... that's whole 'nother rant!! :p )

I think it could be the lower carbs. Just remember that even with the first phase, you can still have 1 fruit and 1 good carb a day!! Make sure you're getting that in and if you feel like you're still being a *B*, then add in another good carb! I only stuck w/ Phase 1 for 2 weeks, and then I couldn't take it anymore. I need my good carb! Also, I have done doubles with running and I would recommend you doing Phase 2 with that! HTH some!

Hey Jess!
As you probably know by now, I chose you as my Beach Body coach, I hope that's okay! I"m still getting familiar with the program and tracking my workouts. So far so good! I really enjoyed plyometrics tonight! And don't even get me started on my FIL, haha! He's "Mr. I pretend to be a big shot nutrition guy" but he's the same one who will eat 3 candy bars on the way home from work! My soy milk is precious I tell you! Hahahaha!

Yeah, I'm honored! :) Good job making it through Plyo!

Oh, my FIL doesn't even pretend to eat healthy..... it's all junk for him. :eek:

Send me an email if you need anything!

Sounds way too complicated. Seems a lot easier to eat balanced healthy meals. I'd be cranky too if I had to listen to Tony Horton AND followed his weird diets. :eek: ;)

It could only be worse if you were listening to Tosca, right??? LOL I happen to think Tony is hilarious but I know he annoys others! ;-)

Girl....go eat some chocolate...hurry!!! Only kidding! When you start eating low carb, you quit feeding toxins in your body. Toxins feed on sugar and high carb foods. When the toxins don't get fed, they die off, which is good! This is called herxheimer (sp?) reaction. It is normal and will get better. Google herxheimer and see if it explains what you might be going through. Hang in there!

Sara

Actually, yes, Tony seems nice. Tosca is arrogant with her little eat fifteen times daily thing. ;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.