nursing and hungry ALL THE TIME!

Michele S

Cathlete
Please tell me this is normal...

My daughter is six weeks old today and is really doing great nursing. Is it normal to feel ravenous constantly? This is my third child and I don't remember feeling this hungry witht the other two. I spend most of my day - when I'm not nursing, of course - searching the cabinets and fridge for food! Luckily I've lost almost all my pg weight, but would like to get back down to normal size.

TIA!
Michele

Michelle, I feel the same way. My daughter is 4 weeks old and nurses every 2 hours. I was at a birthday party on Wed. and kept sneaking slices of pizza, embarrassed by how much I was eating. The books do say though that when nursing an extra 500 calories should be consumed. My body has 6 pounds to lose but when I nursed my first daughter, my body held onto some extra fat until she was weaned.

I am at almost 5 months and still nursing every 2-3 hours and still starving. I just try to make the best choices I can. And I am still consistently loosing about a pound a week. So be patient it will happen. I think I was into all my pre-preg clothes at about 3 1/2 months, but I gained a lot due to bedrest. So I am sure you will get there faster!

Well, at least now I know I'm not the only one! I'm REALLY trying now to eat better. The first 2-3 weeks I would pop everything and anything in my mouth - I ate almost an entire chocolate cake the first week I was home!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.