November STS/LIS rotation question - subs for AT?

Dela

Cathlete
Hi all, Athletic Training shows up at least once a week in the Nov. sts/lis rotation, unfortunately AT is the first one I did, and I hurt my back, that pain lasted over 10 days, so I'm pretty hesitant to do again right away.

I'm not sure yet what to sub for this weeks full AT workout, but maybe Afterburn?

And then, the next two weeks AT is listed to do but only the first 25 minutes (all the step work), I was thinking of subbing that out with the bonus step combo in LIC.

Any thoughts if these are proper substitutions, I don't think the cardio part of slide and glide compares to the intensity of the first part of AT, and I have not tried Afterburn yet or Cardio supersets to know if there are good premixes or sections in those that would make sense to swap out for the cardio part of AT.

Any suggestions welcome, thanks!

Hi Dela!
I haven't tried Afterburn yet as I haven't got my discs yet, but I think your ideas are pretty good! If I were you, the first week I would substitute AT with another circuit training workout of your choice, something you're really confident with so that your back won't be too much under pressure ;)

Hi Dela!
I haven't tried Afterburn yet as I haven't got my discs yet, but I think your ideas are pretty good! If I were you, the first week I would substitute AT with another circuit training workout of your choice, something you're really confident with so that your back won't be too much under pressure ;)

Thanks Ellie, so your post got me thinking about good subs for AT as a whole, and realized it was the first part of AT that tweaked my back, so I think I will do about 30 minutes of cardio from another dvd, and still do the weights and abs from AT.

Hope you get your discs soon!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.