November Fog: Who Cares?!

Ronne

Cathlete
Hi everyone

I already posted this at the end of the October thread but then realised it's November, so here we are!

Yesterday just got away from me. Work is really busy ... I've started a rotation! I'm doing the Xtrain/ICE rotation. Started on Sunday with RSM Kickbox, then yesterday was Xtrain CBS and today I did a Step Blast premix (instead of Ride). There's loads of variety in the rotation so I think I'll enjoy it.
Had a fab time with my friends on Saturday. Two old friends from uni were there, one I hadn't seen for 20 years. It was a late birthday surprise. Really great to see them and catch up.

Lisa - glad to hear you're getting the rests in. They're just as important!

Hi Ronne, just read your Oct thread and was going to make a new thread, thankfully I saw yours already! Sounds like a wonderful birthday surprise! I must have at my wheaties because I did RWH BSB since I was up early then a 21 mile ride (but I was tired----and HUNGRY!)

HI girls! Quick hello! I'm behind! Today did a Julia workout, won't be back til Thursday, DD has a game tomorrow night! Have to get dinner, so hopefully the Indians win tonight! Fingers crossed! Mary

Oh so much! First of all, Lisa, just so you know, I see a flight available in Nov for $121 so I would totally do that- but you are safe since I'm going to Ohio in Nov and have no other time that month, but I will keep watching for specials.
Mary, GO TRIBE. good luck in world series. I'm not a baseball fan at all but I've been hearing about it. Lol, an RN I work with is good friends with son's mother (a first basemen?) from Cleveland. Monday the 21st is my day for hiking. I might be able to do Sunday 20th get away for a bit. LMK. Also, am I crazy to hike in OH in Nov? Do people even do that?
Roxie, windy is what I remember from OK and KS
Murphy, glad you are starting to heal.
Ronne, enjoy the rotation. Yea for visiting w/ friends, too and of course your weekend sounds like it was wonderful.
So- I dashed off to on a hiking trip on my own in Georgia. It was lovely weather and a nice time. Day one I did a big hike five hours nearly 11 miles. I think it was uphill the whole way, lol. The next day felt adventurous by virtue of remote trail head and no one around- I was a little anxious. Text dd that I was in woods alone. She told me to watch out for Shia La Beouf 20161030_164739_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Hi everyone

Lisa - I was so pleased that I remembered it was a new month! Good workouts!

Mary - sounds like you're just as busy as ever ...

Jody - that sounds like a great trip!!

Busy day again, ICE CLB, quick dash to town to pick a book up and then back at my desk!

just an easy 20 mile ride...easy meaning I used more pedal assist. I was still gone 2 hrs and still and average HR of 105, max 135. Jody, lol about being remote, best that someone knows where you are as you never know. In SD most of the trail had no cell service...funny how I would have cell service at the top of a 14er but not in SD. What would you be coming out to CO for? cycling? hiking? Nov is extremely iffy for those! Actually until spring next year I wouldn't plan it unless you were within a 7 day window of weather forecasts. Mary, I think you are more busy now! Those kids still keep you running! How fun though the first year in college (and first children in college). Ronne, What book? I need to read more, especially since the book I'm reading (not that exciting of one) is a library kindle book due in 7 days! Roxie, I'm convinced the standing up spinning clipped in really is what did my ankle in because when I'm on my bike and extend that leg and put weight on it to stretch it out and give my butt a little break I can feel the ankle bowing out and some pain starting.....when I get back to spinning, I'll just do everything sitting....it's good my butt is conditioned for sitting that much!

Hello

Lisa - the book is called The Road Home by Rose Tremain. It's for my book club, I haven't started it yet so don't know if it's any good.

Xtrain B&T done. I've got pink and yellow ink all over my hands from changing my ink cartridges in my printer...
All this exercise is making me hungry...

Hi girls! Today did a long Julia, I won't be able to workout this weekend, going to Boston tomorrow afternoon! We are so excited to get our hands on that boy! Got to see DD last night, such a treat! Ronne, I can't stop eating either! Maybe it's the weather changing? Lisa, I would think standing on the bike would be painful for your ankle, can you do low impact? Jody, what a game last night! Not the ending we wanted, it was a thriller tho! On Monday the 21st, I have to work 12 hours, let me know about that Sunday! Murphy, how are you feeling? Roxie, crazy weather to still be on the boat in November! Have to get running, I forgot to get my drivers license renewed! I need it for the plane, then going to get my hair blown out so I won't have to worry about dragging all my hair products on the plane! I will see you all Tuesday ! Mary

I did RWH CST and a 23.5 mile bike ride. My quads are really sore and still have DOMS in the UB. I'm starving too Ronne! Mary, I wanna see pics of you with your hair blown out! Maybe I will on Instagram? Ronne, maybe you are building some muscle?

Hi Ladies

Mary - how exciting for you, enjoy your trip. Why do you need a driver's licence for a plane?

Lisa - you're really working hard! No wonder you're hungry. I think it's the weather. I just want to eat as it gets colder and darker...

Week 1 of rotation finished, an easier end with ICE LIS1 plus core. No great plans this weekend. We might go to the cinema on Sunday to see Dr Strange.

Have a fantastic weekend Mary! Lisa my HR avg for my 11 mile hike/5 hour was 123! I was exhausted but I was wondering how you did/do those 14ers all the time. That is similar time? plus straight up, my hike was ups and downs? IDK. But your ankle has you out of commission for hiking for awhile? Ronne I want to see that movie, too. I did upper body yesterday from CW, going heavy. I'm keeping that idea in my pocket- 20 min or so and it was tough the way I did it.

Good Evening,

I did StudioSweat The Sweat Strong 300 Spin and sculpting.

Lisa-I don't wear clip in shoes I just have a pair of nikes that fit in the straps.

A restful weekend. Fri just an easy 11 mile ride, Saturday a 2.5 mile walk and my foot didn't hurt! Sunday, ICE CUB and core 1. Mary, how was the college visit? Your boy seems to be thriving. Jody, for 3 hr bike rides my highest avg is 120. Not sure what it was when I did the 14ers, hoping I can do some this summer, wanna go? Yes we are always exhausted, and are hiking at least 7 hrs (lots of breaks), we're the tortoise not the hare! Ronne, you need photo ID to board plane, if not going abroad a driver's license is sufficient. All, How did everyone do with the time change? I'm ready for it, now I don't have to dwaddle too long before it warms up to go out. It's gonna be another beautiful week!

Hi everyone

Lisa - that's a long time hiking. We changed a week ago, I adapted pretty quickly actually.

Jody - I'm always up for short workouts! Film was good (for that kind of film), had a sense of humour and some good one-liners. I love Tilda Swinton in anything really.

Bought myself a new coat on Saturday. Black puffa type thing, nice and warm. Got a workout in yesterday, Xtrain HS and today was ICE BCC, just the normal version. It was enough today.
Hoping to catch up with my BFF tomorrow, her dad died last week.

Just cycling in this still beautiful fall weather. 22.5 miles yesterday, 23.5 today. Ronne, So sorry to here about your friend, so tough, glad you are there for her. Roxie, wow, what a calorie burn!

HI girls! I'm back! For a day, have a long day tomorrow! Weekend was perfect, just all hanging together, so glad to see him! Couple more weeks and we will all be back together! DD is coming home this weekend with her friend, so excited just to stare at her too! Lisa, do you see any places that you don't notice in your car? Like little stores and such? Ronne, I'm sorry for your friend. I love coats and jackets! Jody, will you be just working full time days? That will be so much better than nights! Hi Murphy! Holy cow Roxie, you must have killed yourself on that bike! Well, gotta hit the shower and go vote! See you all Thursday! Mary

Good Evening,

StudioSweat Spin and Sculpt spinning and tabata weights 59 minutes 474 calories.

Lisa-I am now on two hormone supplements.

Ronne-I have managed somehow to gain 4lbs in the last two weeks back to my highest weight so I need the kick butt workouts

Hi everyone

Mary - glad you had a good time with DS. Does he like it there?

Lisa - do you wear sun protection on your face when you cycle?

Roxie - sounds like you're working hard.

Did Xtrain CLB yesterday and ICE CUB with Core 2 today. Going to the cinema tonight to see Nocturnal Animals.

Another gorgeous day! So beautiful outside, so cold in the house! I refuse to turn the heat on, so I move the portable heater from family room into the shower so I don't freeze! Anyway, 25.5 mile ride, I'm tired! I want to go to bed....maybe it's also because I stayed up watching the election results....finally went to sleep at 11, woke up a bit after 1, turned the TV back on an Trump was just then giving his victory speech (what timing). Ronne, YES I used sunscreen! With my history! I also rub in sunscreen on my hands....don't want age spots! Roxie, I feel fine with no hormones. I also lost the weight I know I gained when I went on them (it's obvious when you look at my weight recorded at th3e dr office before I went on, and then even just 1 month later how it went up and then even more the next couple of months. Still would like to lose a bit more and maybe I have, my muscles are so sore and I'm sure holding onto water. Mary, my DS in KS is coming for Thanksgiving and so obviously my DS here will too. I'm so excit3ed to have them all together! Your son's letter really brought tears to my eyes! I don't see too many places that I don't see in the car, mainly because 2 reasons....I'm always the passenger, and I try not to go near roads! The bike paths are awesome, it's like it's own underworld. If you pop up from one you'll be like, OH, I know where I am now that I see the street! I love it. Saw a motorcycle cop on the bike trail today, thankfully I wasn't speeding (jk).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.