Non Latex Stretch Bands

I am in a bit of shock right now. My green non latex Cathe stretch band snapped in half! I thought these were rip proof since they are so much thicker and sturdier than the regular latex bands. I tried to find them on the ShopCathe site and it looks like they either don't carry them any more or the are out of stock. I had finally got my broken in and was starting to enjoy using it. I am waiting on a reply back from customer service.

Has anyone else had their Cathe bands break?

I have the non latex bands from the Fitness by Cathe line, too, and so far mine are still intact and very strong. I use the green band a lot, and while it has a little more give than it did at first, it shows no signs of ripping or tearing. I will say that I was never under the impression that they would last forever. Even though they are heavier than the Dynabands, they're still just thin elastic bands that are bound to tear at some point. Thank goodness they're so inexpensive!!

call altus and they'll replace it. mine snapped but I thought it was because we were moving in 90+ degree heat and the temperature screwed up all my bands a little (even my latex ones). but I have new ones that are fine. if enough cases happen, altus may have to redesign it too so please tell them if there is a defect they're not seeing.

When I contacted SNM customer service, they didn;t react with surprise that it had snapped in half. Instead I was told they were out of stock and when to expect them in stock. I will contact Altus just to let them know. Actually, I can still use the broken pieces for certain exercises.

When I contacted SNM customer service, they didn;t react with surprise that it had snapped in half. Instead I was told they were out of stock and when to expect them in stock. I will contact Altus just to let them know. Actually, I can still use the broken pieces for certain exercises.

Yeah, Cathe's company doesn't know anything about the Fitness by cathe line I hate to say-- when I contacted them they were like, we don't have to replace them! and I was sitting there going, Ummm...I just wanted you to know something was wrong... Altus may want to send you to send the bands back to them actually so they can see how the damage was. Mine snapped like exactly in the middle so I was like, hey 2x3ft bands but they may have to redesign how they do their non latex bands. We have non latex bands from Theraband and they have yet to show any loss in their integrity. If I remembered the woman who I spoke to I would tell you her name, but it takes a couple phone routings to figure out who to talk to just as a warning...

What exercises were you all doing when yours snapped? Just curious. Mine seem ok and I use them a fair bit, maybe there was a bad batch or something. Or maybe you're just too strong for the bands ;)

Mine snapped exactly in half while doing the exercise for shoulders where you hold your elbows tightly at your side at waist level and then pull out. I forget the name of that exercise. It wasn't even being fully extended.

Are they called external rotation pulls or something like that? I think I know what you are talking about. Hmmm, that's not even one where the band is fully stretched (say for example leg press with the band):confused:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.