No salt, sugar, more water, etc. - July 5, 2005

allwildgirl

Cathlete
Morning all!

Today is brand new day and we're all going to do GREAT!!

I've been managing to get my water in, although last night I was cramming those last 16 oz in pretty late. I'm surprised I wasn't up all night! The salty snacks have been easy to avoid so far, but the sugar not so much. I ate that biscuit AND a cookie yesterday. So I decided today would be much better. PMS isn't helping.x(

I've also been more conscious of sticking to my breakfast/ snack/ lunch/ snack/ dinner/ snack rule. I hope it's helping!

Good for you Shelley! You sound like you are doing well despite the tiny set backs you mentioned! Keep it up!:7

I wish I was doing so well. Ever since my Joey was born I guess I have been preoccupied...my diet and water intake has suffered like you wouldn't believe!!! I gotta try and get back on track or I'll be in BIG trouble! x(

Wendy - you've got so much on your plate right now, I imagine that thinking about how much water you're drinking during the day is pretty low on the priority list. You're more than welcome to join us on this check-in, if you think it would help. We'd be happy to see you every day:)

>Morning all!
>
>Today is brand new day and we're all going to do GREAT!!

YES!!! Thank you Shelley...you have set the tone for today.

Tammy

Good morning! Yes I agree. Thanks Shelley.
I didn't do too bad yesterday except for the water. I didn't have any sugar which is my "big" one. My family offered me some eclair cake yesterday and I said "can't do it, I'm in a challenge w/ my friends on Cathe.com" so they wanted to know all about it.

It's a new day and we are determined women! Let's stick together, and meet our challenges!:D
Kali

Count me in. I asked a couple of questions on the other thread which got a awesome answer.
I am ready to start fresh today. I have been doing really good lately so I should be o.k. I am sure I will be tempted though.
Good Luck everyone,
Lori:)

Ok, I'm in on this check in. My plan is:

Diet so clean it could be classified as sterile:

No salt
No sugar
No simple carbs
No unnecessary fat
Lots of protein
TONS of water
TONS of cardio
TONS of upper body work

I'm headed to Honduras with the BF in 1.5 months and my goal is to lose 10 lbs of fat.

So this morning I get to work and not only is there leftover b'day cake in the kitchen from my favorite bakery - I received a gift of 6 HUGE chocolate covered cookies.

I'm going to have to give the cookies away to my co-workers. But...they look soooo good. I'd try the "Shelley Method" and freeze them for post-vacation-guiltfree-pleasure, but PMS is coming and those voices in my head get really loud. So....

Must. Give. Up. Chocolate. Now....
;( ;(

Ok so today is a NEW day...I like that Shelley. I will forget that bit of over indulgence I had over the weekend and move forward. Water intake is the easy part for me. I am missing my fat free chips somewhat but I can do this. Sugar was my enemy this weekend but I am ready to fight it again today!

Terri

I was so bad yesterday! I was at a 4th of July party and managed to gulp water and munch on fresh fruit and vegetables for most of the day. As the evening went on I indulged in too much wine which led to cookies and a brownie.

So how did I wake up THREE POUNDS HEAVIER from just that? **sigh**

I know, throw the scales away. I'm not up to that yet.

I know. It has to be fluid, but it's so disappointing after doing so well with this challenge last week. For the first time in so long last week I actually controlled my portion sizes, which is a major accomplishment for me.

As you all said, today is a new day!

Margaret

Margaret - it's definitely water retention. If you don't throw away your scale, at least stop weighing yourself daily or even anything close to daily.:)

I went to the grocery store at lunch. They had big multi-grain soft pretzels. I stood there looking at them thinking "I could just pick the salt off!". How lame is that?:p

Hello everyone!

I'm very proud and happy to be able to say that I stuck to my No Sweets challenge all through the long weekend. :D Yippie!! I've got my resolve screwed in tight this month. ;)

I agree with Shelley- it's a fresh day, and we're going to do ourselves proud.

Connie

Dammit Dammit Dammit!!!!!!!
I just ate 2 double stuff oreos. I could kick myself!x(
Oh well. Just thought I'd tell on myself so I won't have anymore.

Thanks guys. I feel better now.:7
Kali

Today is my "transition" day. After a weekend of eating absolute crap (hamburgers, philly cheese steak subs, chips, dip, brownies etc.) I decided today would be my transition day. Hopfully the day doesn't turn into an entire week. But it might. x(

Today I had egg whites, soy sausage, toast and V8 for breakfast, and a huge salad for lunch. (i'm not commenting on what i'm eating for dinner }( And tomorrow, I will eat PERFECTLY! :D haha

-Leslie

Have been good today, staying away from all the bad stuff, and sucking down the water. The water part is easy since it's in the 90's here.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Diana

Hello everybody! Well, today I had a serving of strawberry ice-cream x(, but I went easy on the sugar and the salt for the rest of the day. I'm having a hard time with the water, but I'm getting better at it.

Kali, two double stuff oreos? LOL! Why do you even have them around? I would eat those puppies with a glass of milk without hesitation if I had them around, but I don't. Anyway, remember tomorrow is a new day.

Shelley, drinking 16oz of water late at night is a bad idea:7!!! I'm telling ya I've been there. Oh and I also found myself rinsing some mixed nuts with water to get the excess salt out. I couldn't find the unsalted kind so I gotta do what I gotta do.

Hopefully I'll do better tomorrow with the sugar and the water.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.