No mirror screen

tlc93

Cathlete
I need help. I have Cathe Live and stream it via the app on my iPhone to the tv with a lightening av adapter and hdmi cord. The tv mirror screens my phone. I’ve never had a problem. Now when I try to play something I can hear the sound but no picture. I streamed other things fine. I’ve also deleted the app then downloaded it again, cleared my history etc. what’s happening? Please help.

Hey Peg, I am not sure, but it might be the hdmi cable....sometimes I think they go
Bad, I have the same setup and I have had to switch to a different hdmi cable
Before. Hope you can get it fixed.

Hey!!!! Thanks Linda. I’ll try that. Super friggin frustrating. But I streamed a YouTube workout fine.....?

Hmmm...that doesn't make sense....I will go try to stream a CatheLive with the
Cable/adapter setup using app and see what happens....I will report back :)

Ok I'm back. It played fine on the tv, I picked the last class to try...using the app
And hooked up with an iPad, so...I dunno what the problem might be, especially
If others work...maybe forum admin. Can help....

I need help. I have Cathe Live and stream it via the app on my iPhone to the tv with a lightening av adapter and HDMI cord. The tv mirror screens my phone. I’ve never had a problem. Now when I try to play something I can hear the sound but no picture. I streamed other things fine. I’ve also deleted the app then downloaded it again, cleared my history etc. what’s happening? Please help.

Hi tlc93, did you purchase your cable directly from Apple or from someplace else?

I probably bought it at Best Buy. Does it matter? It’s just really odd that I can hear the sound but no picture. I was able to watch a YouTube workout fine. I’ve had Cathe Live for 2-3 years and it’s been fine. I did an update on my phone and I think something got tweaked.

Last edited:
It only matters if you didn't buy an authentic Apple cable. An Apple cable has a chip in it that allows video to be played on your TV. Third party cables often have issues as you described because they are not made to the same specs as a genuine Apple cable. Do you know the brand and model# of the cable you have? We did a test here using an iPhone with the latest iPhone upgrade and an authentic Apple cable and everything worked fine.

It's working now!! I'm not exactly sure what I did or didn't do but I was able to play Cathe's newest Live class yesterday and an older one this morning. The older one kept pixelating but not so much that I couldn't follow along, plus Cathe's awesome cueing (for a step workout). I still don't know why it was specific to the Cathe app. Youtube played fine w/ picture and sound. But just to be safe perhaps I'll look into getting an apple cable. Thanks for the info

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.