No DOMS?

krassymira

Cathlete
I did disc 27 yesterday (shoulders, bi and tri) and today I have NO DOMS whatsoever. A day before that I did plyo legs and on the next day I had a slight discomfort but no doms. What gives? It is meso 3 and I expected to be in pain, but there is none. Of course I am not lifting 20lbs DB for biceps like Cathe and I am certainly NOT lifting 40 lbs DB for triceps like Robert :) just because I CANT lift that, nor with good OR bad form :) but still, I lifted according to my card and I did everything as prescribed. What is wrong? How was it with you guys and meso 3?
P.S. I am not complaining about the absense of pain, just wondering if I am doing it as I should...

Meso 3 has the longest rest periods of the 3 mesos, which, in my experience, can help reduce DOMS.

Rather than using DOMS as a guideline for whether or not you "are doing things right," use whether you did all reps with good form, but could not possibly do another rep and keep form.

Also, remember that DOMS means "DELAYED-ONSET muscle soreness," and it might not show up until 48 hours later.

I had absolutely no DOMS during meso 3, it seems most don't have DOMS in meso 3. I asked this question before and many have commented that in meso 3 they did not have DOMS. I am doing second rotation and I am in meso 1 and don't always have DOMS.

I had absolutely no DOMS during meso 3, it seems most don't have DOMS in meso 3. I asked this question before and many have commented that in meso 3 they did not have DOMS. I am doing second rotation and I am in meso 1 and don't always have DOMS.
Interesting.....
That is good to know. Thank you!

Yesterday I did the first squat rack routine of meso 3. I lifted quite heavy - 92 for squats, 70 for deadlifts, 70 for front squats and 80 for static lunges. No DOMS today, again - only a wild water retention - which means the muscles are working. I am not losing any weight, just the opposite - gaining. Water, true, but thats not the direction I want to be going in. Its frustrating, to put it mildly. And because of the heavy barbell, today my neck, shoulders and upper back are bruised.
I want to cry..... :(
Very unhappy: Krasy

I am not losing any weight, just the opposite - gaining. Water, true, but thats not the direction I want to be going in. Its frustrating, to put it mildly. And because of the heavy barbell, today my neck, shoulders and upper back are bruised.
I want to cry..... :(
Very unhappy: Krasy

Awww...don't cry Krasy!

For the bruising, do you have a bar pad? I got mine at Walmart for cheap. You can also drape a folded towel over your shoulders (like a cape) to help.

Don't look at the scale! All it says is how much the Earth is pulling on you. It doesn't say what you're made of.

Are there any other positive signs that you can use to judge your progress: clothes fitting better, looking better, measurements changing, getting stronger?

IMO, Meso 3 would be the one least likely to result in weight loss (Meso 1 would work best for that). Perhaps your body won't respond the way you want it to with Meso 3, and you might want to cut that meso short (2 weeks instead of 4) and go back to Meso 1 after a recovery week (then when you get to Meso 3 again, you can do the other 2 weeks, though all 4 weeks in that Meso look pretty similar to me.)

Hi Kathryn,
Thank you for your concern and suggestions (hugs!)
Of course I used a bar pad, but it couldnt help with the heavy weight, especially on the front squat. But I feel better now. I actually decided to take this whole week off. I know its only the second week of meso 3 and I just had a recovery week, but somehow my body demands it. I dont feel very well, physically, emotionally. I am not sick, just very worried and a little depressed. It might be the tough astrological aspects right now (I know astrology) or the new moon that sucked me in, or may be even my boss who messed up the shedule at work this week. But in any event, this week I'll skip and next week I'll continue where I left off and I'll finish the program to the end. I really wanted to see if lifting that heavy will finaly make my body respond - other than getting the feeling of being beat up :) - and if I cut that meso short, I'll never know.
I'm sorry for the late response too, I hope you dont think I'm some kind of irresponsible bitch.
Thank you again! Best to you: Krasy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.