No barbell

Hi,

I have been doing cathe for a while..but i live in a studio and i have no space for barbell. I only have various D-bells. I have been doing more of the weight training lately and i want to order more of cathe's DVD i.e. Pyramid, S&H or sth.

Any recommendations here? Is it possible to use D-bell instead of barbell? How?

Thanks,

CT

There are many people on this board who sub dumbbells for barbells. It's pretty easy to do. Just lift the dumbbells as a single unit (simultaneously) like you would a barbell. When doing squats or lunges place the dumbbells on your shoulders. I only use dumbbells for PLB, it's easier than changing plates. And PUB only uses dumbbells in its workout.

I only use dumbbells myself - I got into the habit when I was in the last months of pregnancy and my belly got in the way when doing barbell rows. Now it's just too much of a hassle to take all the weights off of my husband's barbell, so I just keep using the dumbbells.

I do think I'm going to get myself a dumbbell set for Christmas. It kind of hurts my shoulders when resting the dumbbells on my shoulders and the highest weight I'm able to do is 40 lbs. for squats.

Like you, my concern is the storage of it. I got a nice wicker basket for hiding my dumbbells, but that obviously won't work for the barbell. I'm thinking that I can just store it under the couch. Could you possibly do that in your apartment?

I only use dumbbells too.The dumbbells are good to me because they are very useful with the weight I can use in my weight training now and I lose less time changing the weight between the exercises

Mariángeles a spanish terminator junkie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.