ninja blenders

nightowl81

Cathlete
Does anyone have one of the Ninja Blenders? from what I see there's 3 or so different ones...
I watched the demo on QVC and it looks pretty good. I'm wondering how well it can blend leafy greens for smoothies since that's something they didn't show.

I have one and love it. You won't have any problem blending anything, especially fruits and veggies. It's the most powerful blender I have ever used. Great for making drinks with crushed ice as well.:)

My experience was the exact opposite from Glenda's. For me, the Ninja was a waste of money. My smoothies were lumpy and it did not crush ice like it appeared to do on QVC. I ended up returning it.

At that point, I decided it was worth it to spend the extra $$$ on a high end blender. I have a BlendTec and a VitaMix, and I use them every single day. I've gotten my money's worth and then some. (By the way, if you are looking mainly for green smoothies, IMO the VitaMix does those best.)

Vitamix, all the way! Nothing comes close. The Blendtec would be the closest, but I still like the Vitamix the best. Well worth the money.

I agree with Glenda. I love my Ninja. I have had it for over a year and I use it often to make fruit and veggie smoothies. I have never used a Vitamix so can't speak to the difference. Many of the ladies on this forum seem to be sold on the Vitamix, so it must be an excellent product. But, while Vitamix might be worth the extra $$$, not everybody has the extra $$$$ to spend on one. If you do not, then the Ninja is not a bad choice. I paid around $100 for mine. It came with two different size pitchers and two different blades. It works fine for my needs, and I am very pleased with it.

VitaMix

Ooohhh yes.... another vote for the VitaMix!! I can't make it through a day without mine. It's great for smoothies, frozen desserts, soups, homemade nut milks and cheeses (if you are so inclined ;)) and so much more. There is a Vitamix Enthusiasts group on Yahoo. If you are seriously considering purchasing a VitaMix, visit the group for some info. The group moderator always gives the members a great price on their purchase. :cool:

thanks... I guess these works differently for everyone.

Now I just seen on youtube Jennifer Nicole Lee (from JNL Fusion) saying she likes the NutriBullet and it looked good and easy to use.. only turn off from it is it's small (portion control? :))

a vitamix or a blendtec isn't in the near future for me, so it's one of the $100 or so ones. Which is ok, I read a little bit of chewing with these smoothies is ok since it's helps with digestion, but I don't want to be eating soup or salsa smoothie either.

If you have a Bed Bath & Beyond near you, they accept the 20% off coupons for the Ninja. My girlfriend loves hers.

After doing a lot of research, I decided on a Vitamix for my family. But I have a 10-yo who won't tolerate any seeds or chunks in her smoothies, so it was worth it to us. I used my birthday/Christmas money and got it on a QVC TSV sale.

Would rec waiting until you can afford vita mix. It really is the best - great warranty. If you buy from costco you can return it anytime ever. Even 3 yrs later!!! Not that you will - it's that good.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.