Nightime Eating

Cathlete
I never started a check-in before, so forgive me if this isn't right. This is for those of us who are trying to stop overeating at night. I'm hoping it will shame me into forgoing the junk so I don't have to tell everyone how pigish I can be. Basically we will just write down everything we eat after dinner. (Example: Two nights ago I ate 4 mini bags of oreos)

Last night I ate a half bag of lettuce.

11/18/09

Last night I ate one small bite of a chocolate chip cookie and a bowl of kashi autumn wheat cereal. Melissa

I would love to join your check-in! I also have a problem with evening (and sometimes late afternoon) pig-outs. I often blame my binges on "that time of the month," but that "time" is getting to be more frequent, so I know it's just my lack of self-control. I will try to check in here each day or night. Thanks for starting this!
Valerie

Forgot to post my after-dinner eats from last night. We had a function to attend at church, and I ate two small cookies--store-bought, and not even tasty! I'll try to do better tonight.
Valerie

Valerie, Thanks for joining me. I will most likely post sometime the next morning. Melissa

Add me to your group ladies. I probably pick more in the afternoon then I do in the evening but I have stopped the evening picking for about 2 weeks now and my clothes feel better already.

Lori:)

Last night was my brother's birthday and I tried SO hard to resist the cake but it got me. I had a piece and did not feel good afterwards :eek:

Lori, how did you stop your late-night eating habits??? This has been a huge problem for me for a few years now. It started from when I would come home on weekends from college and I never got decent food on campus, so I would glom everything my mom made to "save up" until my next trip home. Unfortunately the habit stuck with me for 4 years!!!!

Melissa...I just stopped cold turkey. Half of the reason why it was so easy was b/c I am not hungry in the night time. Like now its almost 10 and I haven't had anything to eat since 6:30. I did have a small glass of diet coke cause I was thirsty. If I want a treat on the weekend though I will have it. Its kinda just 6 days a week. BUT if I want something in the daytime I have it, so maybe thats why I don't crave anything.
Its been easier for me b/c I enjoy waking up and the scale being a couple lbs lighter and my work pants fit better. They are suppose to be low rise but they aren't. I don't expect to lose weight b/c I really don't have any to lose, I just wanted to break the bad habit. By picking all evening, I was adding quit a few cals to my day.

Nightime Eating 11/19/09

Hi everyone, it is 5:55 pm we just had dinner, chilli whit brown rice,
I baked a cake and I just had a bite:confused:
I went to brush my teeth and promesse not to eat anything till tomorrow morning,
Today everyone in my fam. still sick, so no time for workout I hope tomorrow is a better day, and I can do some work.:(

All I had last night was a mint when I went back to work. And on my way home from work DH wanted Mcd's and I only tasted one of his fries...they were cold anyway:confused: Yuck!

Lori:)

You guys have good will power. Eunice, I hope your family is feeling better.

I had a bowl of cinnamon harvest cereal and 2 pieces of dentyne.
Melissa

Ooops

I had peanut m&ms and a cookie right before bed. I was hungry because I worked so hard all day. I should have ate something healthy because I had a cupcake earlier. I love sugar and I'm okay with eating some but I ate too much.

Hi

Could I join? I'm in the UK and I joined a slimming club last week called Slimming World. I'm journaling everything so so far I've been okay. But I will see when I weigh in Tuesday night. My fetish is milk which I drink by the litre. Its skimmed but I do drink alot of it. Todays workout was Slow & Heavy Legs and Shoulders. I'm going to do that until Shock cardio comes out.

Laura
x

Good thread - I find I do really good all day. I eat about 800 calories exactly by the the time I leave work. Then I probably eat 400+ at dinner. Might have a glass of wine, but not very often.

My problem has been that since I eat a good dinner, I'm not hungry...until it's getting really too late to eat 9:30ish. I am one that cant go to bed hungry so I have to have something.

I've tried:
1) had milk w/whey protein (which does fill you up)
2) 2 tbsp peanut butter
3) kettle corn
4) almonds or mixed nuts

Right now I'm out of the nuts, and don't feel good about eating the peanut butter so late.

I eat a ton of veggies throughout the day so I dont want anymore of those!

I know I have also tried cereal (I like Special K with the chocolate bits :cool:)
I highly recommend those... of course I dont have any of those right now either.

Better go shopping!

Good luck girls!

My problem is that if I have one m&m, I will end up eating the whole bag. So good for you for shutting yourself off all of the m&m's. Melissa

oops again

I had half a can of Lays Stax. It's after midnight and now my stomach really hurts. My stomach already hurt because my mom got some seriously greasy pizza for me because I was helping her on her house. ugggg. I will do great tomorrow. I don't have anything healthy to pick from. I must go to the store.

Good morning, ladies! Last night we came home after eating out and shopping. I only had a cup of sugar-free choc. pudding. However, I had gotten home at 3 pm from subbing at my kids' school, and I just ate way too much bad stuff! I had an Oreo, 1/2 of a banana muffin, and a mini-whole wheat bagel with low-fat cream cheese. I think I ate one more thing--can't remember what it was. Anyway, my after-school snacking is becoming more of a problem than night time snacking! I don't need to eat so much at 3 pm--just need to satisfy myself with a healthy, sensible snack. Hope this thread will help me do better. Have a great weekend!
Valerie

Good Morning.
I had a few oh henry peanut butter bites last night! No worse for wear, scale was down 1.6 lbs. I will be having a couple of drinks tonight for treat night~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.