Night Sweats

poky5mom

I am 46 and the past two weeks have been having horrible night sweats! DH sleeps in a sweatshirt - I have been wearing the lightest nightgown I have!! Any suggestions?!

I'm 45 and while it doesn't happen all the time, I go through stages. I usually wear a T shirt or nothing to bed. I kick off the covers constantly but I make sure I have a top sheet, because once the sweats are over, the chills set in. I use a product from Walmart called "New Phase Complete" that has some soy and other stuff that seems to help. I really can't tell because the episodes are erratic but I'm afraid to stop it. Good Luck. I'll be checking back to see what others have to say.

Phyllis http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

HI, Welcome to the Change! I am a nurse and clocked mine - thought it was lymphoma then realized that it starts with ovulation, for a week or so before, then during my period.....which is now regular at age 46!!! Had 4-6 a year during my 20's and 30's....I find no matter what I wear the sweats occur,its an internal thing or something...the plant estrogen creams, soy, estroven, black cohosh, evening primrose...nothing helps....hormones would, but not going that route....unless my newfound beard gets worse .....I think we need to just accept it and torture those around us with it! The women in our family, for generations would sit outside on the stoop, in nightgowns, in swirling Upstate NY snowstorms! Its a rite of passage.....

OMG!! I have been talking about this for the last few days because my night sweats just started! I am going to be 41. The last couple of weeks I have been feeling really uncomfortable, up and down all night, and waking up either very hot or literally soaked. I was like " what the heck is going on here??" A good friend of mine laughed and told me I was having night sweats. She did tell me to get Estovin, but I hate to add yet another supplement to my routine if it won't work. I am waking up halk naked because I am stripping everything off by morning. My poor husband doesn't know what has hit because I am driving him crazy, pushing him way over to the other side of the bed... If this is menaopause or perimenopause then I wish it would come and go quickly! This is the pits!!

Anyway, just thought I would vent since the subject came up... so, on that note, have a great day!! LOL

I honestly thought the waterbed was too hot for a while! This is the only symptom of menopause that I have for now. My periods are like clockwork. My mom was about 45 when she went through the change. I guess I will just have to "sweat" it out! We may turn the heater off on the waterbed completely!

Kim, we just took our water bed down and got a regular one. I used to think the same thing about the temp. DH loved it warm. I enjoyed it when I first got in, but then it was horrible. It made the sweating even more irritating. I am sooo happy to have a regular bed. In all honesty, I think I just grew up and the water bed didin't suit me anymore. We had that bed for 21 years(not the same mattress)
Phyllis http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Seriously, try a fan. Limit caffine and spicy foods. Exercise regularly. Drink lots of water. Eat clean. Think about the North Pole..........

Keep the bedroom cool.

Rhonda

Well I'm 35 and I sometimes get night sweats too! It can't be that I'm changing this young!

- Deana

Deana - At 35, things begin to change hormonally, and its rapid..menopause is the cessation of menstruation..but the "peri" period takes years and years...so you may flush and sweat and then it may go away and re-occur in your 40's...with me, at 36, my periods went from 4-6 a year to every 6 weeks, and NOW every darn 30 days (and who needs it at 46 with a 61 year old hubby if you get my drift!)...just make SURE its NOT something else - you're at an age where you should have base line CBC,CMP, and all that workup done...

Happy rainy sunday!

I get them when I ovulate and during my period. I will be 46 this summer. I keep water by my bed, so if I wake up from them, water helps cool me. Since I know the cycle, I wear lighter clothes to bed. I have not played around with supplements yet.

I have the same problem. Usually, I have to get up in the middle of the night, just to change my t-shirt because the first one is so wet. It doesn't matter how cold the room is either. My poor dh, doesn't know what to think about it, because usually I'm the one who is always cold, but lately I need to have the window open or the fan on or both. And it's still like winter here.

Anyways, I hope that you will be able to find some comfort. Maybe it will only happen intermediately like me. I never can tell when or how long those sweats will last.

Good luck:)

Carrie

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but5/lb/209/145/182.0/.png[/image][/link]

http://www.picturetrail.com/uid6743693"

PS, I'll be 34 April 28. So I guess I'm starting to change too.

What if I go ahead and just get a hysterectemy? Then maybe I can skip years worth of discomfort. Then again, that might just be wishful thinking:)Since, I can't have anymore children anyways.

Carrie

I would think you would not want to have a surgery that is not called for by health reasons. Going into menopause early can cause its own set of problems.

Hi,

Flax oil works miracles for me. One tablespoon twice a day. Without it, the night sweats are horrible.

Tracy

For me what has worked: going off birth control pills (a huge differene almost immediately) so if you are on them consider either stopping or going to a lower dose; more water during the day; water at bed side.

I would also wake up headchy from all the sweating. Due to dehydration. So rather than just water, I got soem potassium in me right away and felt much better: orange juice or a banana.

Welcome to the world of menopause.... yuch.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.