newbie looking for tips

twingletracy

Hi everyone;
I'm new to Cathe's website and recently started doing her workouts on Fit TV. I love her workouts except the ones incorporating the step (as I don't have one yet). I just started working out in Jan 2006 and since then have lost about 20lbs and started to bring my fat % down. Unfortunately I can't really afford at this time to buy Cathe's videos but I do have TIVO and have recorded many of her shows that I have done from there. Are there any suggested routines for using the fit tv routines? I usually get my cardio in 3-4x wk with a 3-5 mile jog so I've used her shows pretty much for abs and strength training 2-4xwk so far. My goal is to lose another 5-10 pounds (currently 5'2 and 119lb) and get my bodyfat down and tone (currently around 26%). I appreciate any advise and tips. Thanks.
:)

SORRY NO ADVICE ON THE ROUTINE WORKOUTS. I WORK OUT WITH CATHE ON FIT TV AS WELL (I HAVE A STEP VIDEO BECAUSE IT CAME WITH THE STEP I PURCHASED WITH SACRAFICE) BUT FOR ME WHEN I WORK OUT IT IS A WELL ROUNDED WORK OUT. I DO A COMPLETE WORKOUT NOT SECTIONALIZED. I JUST WANTED TO SAY WELCOME TO THE FORUM. CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS. HOPE YOU FIND WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IN THE OPEN FORUM EVERYONE IS SO KIND AND SWEET AND FULL OF ADVICE.

Hi Tracy! Welcome :) I would suggest the same type of varied routine w/ fittv as I would w/o. Meaning, alternate your heavy lifting, circuit, endurance, HIIT, and so on. Since the w/o are cut shorter on fittv, you might want to pair workouts instead of just one. Before I had a lot of the w/o on DVD, I would do, for example, Bootcamp and then add on a few segments of step blast. I really enjoy S&H chest/back/abs a lot, but I know it's missing a bit. You can also add lifting on your own after the Cathe w/o on TV...same w/ cardio as you are doing w/ a run. HTH!

Live with sincerity, love with passion, and dance like you mean it.

Debbie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.