New Workout Room

Alhambra

Cathlete
We just bought a new house. I have a proper workout room for the first time (it was finished 2 weeks ago). No more aerobics on carpet on top of concrete. Now I have beautiful laminate flooring over a subfloor. I can leap and do power moves without my joints complaining the next day. The ceiling lights are recessed with a dimmer so I can turn the lights down and mellow during the stretch.

My only sadness is I've been hit by a killer cold that has sapped all of my energy (a 10 minute walk almost kills me when normally I'm doing Terminator and then cleaning the entire house). I've only used my new room thrice. This cold is now well into its second week. I figured fellow Catheites would totally appreciate my frustration. :(

Thanks Janie,

You're right the room won't go anywhere.

I'll just take it easy and hopefully I'll be better for Xmas. I have a six year old and an eight year old so Xmas is going to be pretty awesome. We're also around the corner from my nephew now (22 months old). He gallops everywhere.

Have a Merry Christmas!

I am right there with you on the cold. I fought and fought but ended up with it anyway. I'm just going to rest and hope it's gone by Xmas. Happy Holidays and yay on the new room! LD

I wish I could feel your pain but unfortunately I am flat out jealous as I have to work out in my unfinished basement. I have the keep the volume on the tv high so that I can hear over the pump when it kicks on.....:(

Rest up, and enjoy ;-)

Congratulations on your workout room. It is so nice to have a place dedicated to working out. I would love to hear more about your floor. I have my own workout room and it really needs a different floor. I have a puzzle mat, but my feet tend to stick to the floor when I am doing intricate or fun choreography. I am trying to find a different floor that is reasonable in cost.

Shayne

Hi Alhambra,

Yes, the room will be there when you feel better! Like Beavs, though, I'm completely jealous of your room -- it sounds wonderful! You'll have to post some photos of it!:)

Leanne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.