new videos ?

T

Taparra

Hi Cathe,

I am so excited about your new workouts!! :) They sound great!
I just got your dvd cardio hits and I absolutely love it!!!
Last night I did the w/u to Step Works, then did the first step seg. of Step Fit (1st time I tried that workout and I love it) then switched to the 1st seg. of PowerMax. Ha!! Little did I know that I would be doing power scissors back to back!! whewee!! But it was a great workout and I just loved the option of going from one seg, to the next.
My question is, if you opt not to do your new releases on dvd, (oh, but I hope you do!!!) do you suppose sometime down the road you will? I guess the reason I am asking is I would much rather have them on dvd. One, for the reason to be able to go from one routine to the next in a blink of an eye. Also, I am running out of shelf space for more videos!! hee hee And if I got all 8 of yours, well I guess my hubby would have to build me another shelf!
But I would rather not get them on vhs if they are gonna be released on dvd later.

I know you have so many requests and I sure hope it doesn't sound like I am not grateful to for your new releases, I am. (in fact, my credit card is awaiting your go ahead for pre-ordering).
I was just wondering if you had an idea if they would ever be on dvd "if" they were not going to be for the pre-ordering.

Thank-you so much for taking the time to listen to all of us. I can hardly wait for your new tapes!!

Teresa

New videos on DVD?

Hi Teresa! We actually have gotten quite a few questions about DVD's and, therefore, thought it would be best if I gave a detailed answer to help clarify things for everyone.

We would love to offer our new tapes on DVD right now if we could. The quality and options are just so much better than on VHS. But the big issue here is cost. Right now we are looking into what our expenses would be and how long it would take to get a return on our investment. The reason I say this is because currently only 5% of USA households even have a DVD. Knowing this it might be wise for us to take a poll to find out how many of our customers actually own a DVD.

I was talking with Chris this afternoon, who has researched the DVD possibilities, and here is what we thought everyone should know:

IF THE WORKOUTS WERE TO BE RELEASED ON DVD.......

1) The Crosstrain Express (6 pack) would have to be done differently on DVD. We can only get about 240 minutes of footage on one side of a DVD. This means that we would have to use two discs. Instead of putting 3 workouts on two discs, we feel it would be better to put all of the warm ups, cardio, and cool downs on one disc and the other disc would contain all the body parts and abs. This would make it better to mix and match the different cardio sections. And for weight training, you would be able to do as many body parts as you like on any given day.

2) If we release these workouts on DVD, they will take slightly longer than VHS tapes to release(rather than go into confusing shop talk as to why, let me just say that it is a more involved process for us to convert a master copy of a workout to a DVD format). This means all the people who would order the VHS tapes will get the workouts first. It could be a difference of as much as 4 to 8 weeks.

3) The price of DVD's will be higher than the tapes(probably about $10 to $20 more for the six pack). This is simply because it is more expensive for us to make a DVD and it takes longer for us to recover our costs. The price of making DVD's will fall dramatically over the next few years and then I'm sure our prices will too.

Well we still have plenty of time before we have to make a DVD decision. And we'll most likely be offering several polls concerning DVD's since we always value your feedback. Hope this clarifies things a bit.

Happier Camper...

<center><font size="1" color="#ff0000">LAST EDITED ON Mar-17-00 AT 09:09AM (EST)</font></center>

Cathe, I LOVE
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
how you would do the 6 pack on DVD. Having the cardio on one and strength on the other is even more appealing!!! You would give us an incredible mix and match cardio workout that we could arrange in (almost) unlimited possiblilites AND having the strength seperate would be awesome for all of us who have been waiting for the single body part workouts. I see it easier and more usable.

And Chris, I don't own one yet either but I have every intention of adding a DVD to the household when these tapes/DVDs are available. I do have the advantage of using the strength DVD already on my computer...when will that be ready hehehe?!

As far as cost...I would pay extra and wait to have this series on DVD. If you decide to go through with DVD, and it you release the videos first...would you let us know if we should hold out....I would preorder and wait for the DVD too.

Any chance down the road of a Cathe Strength classic DVD...possibly pulling all strength moves out of new and old circuit workouts and previous strength tapes (MIS) to organize them in bodyparts for a best of stength :O)...something else to rotate with this new 6 pack and PS...aahhhh the possiblilities are limitless. Not that you need more to think about
wink.gif

nancy:O)

I second that!

I just wanted to add that I would also be willing to preorder and wait longer for the DVD version of the workouts. I already have a DVD player, and I would really like to start building up a DVD workout collection as it seems to be the way things are headed now. I would rather not waste money on tapes that are going to wear out sooner when I could have the DVD instead, even if it means I have to wait a bit longer to get it!
happy.gif

Renae

HONK IF....

you want the DVD Format...

Cathe... I'm also hoping your Crosstraining Express workouts go out on DVD as well... What you've outlined sounds great... all strength on one disc and the other with cardio and warmups sounds fine... I'm sure there are plenty of Cathe fans out there who own a DVD... and if they don't-- they will be willing to purchase one....
I own one right now-- but it's located in my family room... I'm willing to look into putting one in my workout room if need be...

How about the Circuit Max and Cardio Kicks workouts... would they be available in the DVD format as well? (that's if you decide to go that route)

Thanks for listening to your devoted fans
happy.gif

Lydia L

HONK HONK!

But you already knew I liked it
wink.gif
, just can't say it enough.

Thanks Lydia for mentioning which thread to look for
happy.gif

nancy:O)

Cathe, that sounds AWESOME!!! :)

I just want to throw in my two cents and tell you that I'm BEYOND THRILLED at the possibility of this Crosstrain Express DVD set! I would have no problem whatsoever with waiting longer or paying more for it than the VHS set. I've had my DVD player since December and truly there is no turning back once you've experienced it. I love Cardio Hits and have gotten tons of use out of it already. My player is a 3-disc unit, so I could actually use the two Crosstrain Express DVDs and the Cardio Hits DVD all together! Does that sound like a vidiot's delight or what?!
happy.gif

One thing to keep in mind is that if you continue to be an industry trendsetter and release your workouts on DVD, you will cause more and more people to buy DVD players!
happy.gif

I'll also second Nancy's comment that it would be great to see a "Strength Hits" DVD come out eventually. You know, in your spare time!
wink.gif

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for listening to the needs and desires of your fans. I truly hope this shall come to pass.

Thank-you Cathe!! :))

Hi Cathe,

Just wanted to say thank-you for replying to my question. I am very excited and will wait if need be to order if they come out on dvd and the extra cost is no problem at all. Dvd workouts are really the way to go now. I just love your cardio hits.

thank-you so much for listening to us. Have a great day.:)

Beep-Beep!!

I would definitely be interested in purcahsing a DVD after hearing all the raves about them. We are in the process of building a new condo and my hubby is designing a really nice W/O room in the basement for me. I think I will have to add a DVD player to make it even nicer. I 2nd. Nancy and Teresa's requet on letting us know ahead of time if the DVD's will be coming out and if we should hold off ordering VHS tapes. Cathe, thank you for all your hard work and I hope we are not stressing you about all the decisions you have to make. We just can't get enuf of you!! Thanks for making us Healthy Fans!! Debbie

We Want Our DVD

Just had to pop over and say. If it's on DVD, I'll buy it. I bought your Cardio Hits on DVD and there simply is no turning back for me. I'll wait and I'll pay the extra for it. Because I think it's worth it.

I too like the Cardio and the Strength being on different discs.

Definitely would buy the DVD set

I would love to have the Crosstraining Express set on DVD. I just wish that I had a 3-disc unit like Pamela!
happy.gif
Hmmmm, maybe I should buy one for my workout room.
wink.gif

HONK HONK HONK!

Sorry that I am repeating myself, but I would prefer the crosstraining on DVD too! I will definintely purchase the DVDs if they are made!
happy.gif

I want my DVD

I like the idea of splitting them up (I also like the idea of the 6 workouts like they are), but must suggest just one tiny change. Could you possibly put one warm-up and one cool-down (maybe the simplest) on the weight DVD, so it is complete in itself. I don't have a DVD changer, and although I am certain I don't mind changing them for a cardio type workout, I think it would be nice to be able to do a total body workout without switching discs.
Just for the record, I fully plan to buy the DVD set (and would love to buy the PS DVD set too). I have a DVD player, and no fitness DVDs (sorry, but I think cardio hits is just too complicated for me, maybe someday I will work up to it).
BLinda

Another one for DVD

Now that DVD players are starting at $159.99 I would definitely purchase both the six-pack and the Cardio Hits on DVD if both were available on DVD.

--Gretchen

I'd buy the DVD player just for the new workouts!

I'm sure more and more people will buy a DVD player if you make more and more workouts available on DVD. We all spend a lot of time developing rotations and precuing tapes, so I'm sure most home exercisers that already spend $100's on tapes each year, will spring for a DVD player.

I'm willing to wait for the DVD format; it's worth it.
Sandi M.

HONK HONK HONK

Me three on DVD!!! Ive had a player for 2 years now and also on the computer. The quality is so much better and there is NO rewind! It would be a great asset to have your tapes on DVD because then I could mix n match to keep boredom at bay!

Do let us know if DVD is an option when the summer rolls around!

LATE HONK!

Sorry to be late! The Six-Pack DVD set sounds amazing. I love my DVD workouts (yesterday I did almost the entire Cathe DVD, by the way, albeit lots of it at 4") and I'm convinced that my lack of strength DVDs is part of why I keep neglecting strength!!!

Looking forward to it even if it takes quite a long time!

Honk!

Just a thought - for all us DVD fans - are we going to be able to stand the wait if the DVD's come out later than the VHS??

Just think - everyone will be talking about how great they are and we will be chomping at the bit!! Hmmmmm maybe we'll have to order both!!!!!!!

Oh well, good things come to those who wait!
happy.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.