New to Cathe, is there a schedule anywhere

Donna9800

I am new to Cathe. In my 50s, have done some type of fitness since my 20s (on and off). In the gym, I usually did fitness classes (Les Mills Combat, Attack, Pump, Hitt and at one point GRIT.) If the gym didn't have Les Mills, it would be a type of Crossfit junior in that it was all functional types of exercises. I've also done step but am REALLY bad at it. :(

At home, I've done DVDs or on-demand (Tae Bo, Kathy Smith, BeachBody-21 Day Fix, 80 Day obsession, The Prep, MBF, MBFA, LIFFT,4, 10 Rounds, Chalean, Piyo)

I'm probably at the intermediate level. Not as fit as in my mid to late 40s but at that time I was working out an hour at the gym and 30 mins at night. I was several sizes smaller than I am now but I'm ok with that. My main goal is to increase strength and endurance.

I'm going to purchase Cathe's on demand. I'm used to doing a program (on BB) and having it basically tell me what to do day to day within the program (Monday was lower body, yesterday was cardio, today was upper body, tomorrow's a different cardio, etc.)

Is there anything like that with Cathe? She has SO much it's overwhelming!!!

TIA for any guidance.

I am new to Cathe. In my 50s, have done some type of fitness since my 20s (on and off). In the gym, I usually did fitness classes (Les Mills Combat, Attack, Pump, Hitt and at one point GRIT.) If the gym didn't have Les Mills, it would be a type of Crossfit junior in that it was all functional types of exercises. I've also done step but am REALLY bad at it. :(

At home, I've done DVDs or on-demand (Tae Bo, Kathy Smith, BeachBody-21 Day Fix, 80 Day obsession, The Prep, MBF, MBFA, LIFFT,4, 10 Rounds, Chalean, Piyo)

I'm probably at the intermediate level. Not as fit as in my mid to late 40s but at that time I was working out an hour at the gym and 30 mins at night. I was several sizes smaller than I am now but I'm ok with that. My main goal is to increase strength and endurance.

I'm going to purchase Cathe's on demand. I'm used to doing a program (on BB) and having it basically tell me what to do day to day within the program (Monday was lower body, yesterday was cardio, today was upper body, tomorrow's a different cardio, etc.)

Is there anything like that with Cathe? She has SO much it's overwhelming!!!

TIA for any guidance.
Right here in her forums she posts monthly rotations using different dvds. She also has rotations in the users guide of some of her series. Most of them are also free on her website, the only ones that are not are XTRAIN and STS. Within her series, she also has rotations that combine other series, I hope that makes sense. I know with her On Demand, you will have access to her live classes, which are awesome. She has new live classes almost every Thursday at 9:30 am, you can do it live or wait and it will post later that day under her live classes. You have access to all of her live classes now. Just because something looks a little tougher, you can still do it, because in her live classes, people are at all levels so a lot of them do their own modifications or you can also just pick a lighter weight as well. But there is no rotations for her live classes, she only does rotations with her dvds. I hope this helps and yes it can be overwhelming. I've had her On Demand since day 1 and it's the best thing ever. Just wait until you start blending your own workouts from her dvds. Post if you have more questions. Good Luck!!

Kim

Welcome to the world of Cathe! I hope you enjoy it!

Here's a link to the most recent rotations that Cathe has
https://cathe.com/forum/threads/index-of-cathe-rotations-sep-2014-2020.299397/
So that will give you an idea of just how many rotations you could use. You'll literally never run out of options.

You sound like Intermediate is where you'd like to start so thought I'd point out that there are links in that above thread to her intermediate series ICE and LITE rotations.

Also, here's her official Intermediate rotation:

March 2007

The following four week rotation is the perfect rotation to do if:
1) You have just finished the beginners program and are looking for the next step up.
2) You are an intermediate exerciser looking for some variety.
3) You are an advanced exerciser looking for a lighter rotation to mix in between your harder programs.
You can expect to burn overall body fat and enhance muscular strength and endurance (more muscle strength if newer to weights...more muscle endurance if a seasoned weight lifter)
Please note....Whenever you see 35 MINUTE WALK/RUN, it consists of:
*10 minute brisk walk
*EIGHT cycles of 1 minute jog and 90 seconds recovery walk
*5 minute cool down walk
Remember to eat clean, drink water abundantly, and sleep well.

WEEK ONE:
Mon: Low Impact Circuit
Tues: Kick, Punch, and Crunch
Wed: Pyramid Lower Body
Thurs: Low Impact Step
Fri: Pyramid Upper Body
Sat: 35 MINUTE WALK/RUN plus 5 minute basic stretch for muscles used
Sun: OFF

WEEK TWO:
Mon: Cardio and Weights
Tues: 40 minute indoor or outdoor cycle ride
Wed: Push Pull
Thurs: Cross Train Express Kickbox (EVERYTHING EXCEPT BICEPS)
Fri: Body Fusion
Sat: 30 min. all brisk walk plus segment one from Stretch Max

WEEK THREE:
Mon: Maximum Intensity Strength
Tues: Cardio Kicks
Wed: Cardio and Weights
Thurs: OFF
Fri: Step portion of Step, Jump& Pump right into SUPER SETS The SJP step is only about 16 minutes, SO do the warm-up & step of SJP, then skip the warm up of Super Sets, do the weights & cooldown/stretch.
Sat: 35 MINUTE WALK/RUN
Sun: Seg 2 Coremax plus Seg one Total Body Stretching

WEEK FOUR:
Mon: Kick Punch & Crunch
Tues: Power Hour
Wed: 40 minute indoor/outdoor cycle ride
Thurs: Low Impact Circuit
Fri: Warm up plus 1st step section of Step Heat followed by 1st section of Step Max, followed by step portion of Step Jump and Pump and fast forward into the S,J,P stretch.
Sat: Muscle Endurance

Hi & welcome.

I also suggest you start with an intermediate rotation, either the March 2007 Lady Vol Fan posted above that uses older dvds, or one from the LITE or ICE series. Here are the links to the User Guides you can download

... they have a variety of rotations to choose from. The intermediate rotations will help you gauge where you fit with Cathe' s workouts without overwhelming you or over-challenging yourself. You can, of course, change out specific suggestions for Cathe Live workouts that are similar if you want. But, to start, KIS, & use a Cathe suggested rotation.

You sound quite experienced so you may progress quickly. However, if it seems too much at first ... Cathe also has an official beginner's rotation on the rotation forum .... it uses older workouts also.

Hazlady, thanks for posting the link. It makes it easier to browse Cathe Live workouts to get ideas for purchase. We don't do On Demand due to spotty internet & our workout area not being set up for it. However, we have purchased a few in the past for download, and this might help us sort through them.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.