New to Cathe--barbell question

jujukiser

I am new to Cathe and just got Power Hour yesterday. I previewed it and loved it. Haven't done it yet, but I am wondering--I don't have a barbell. Will I be able to do the tape with dumbbells or do I absolutely need to get a barbell? Thanks everyone. :)

Jen

Personally I think you should get a barbell. For the fact that the exercises were designed to use a barbell. Although, I think in the past Cathe or someone has commented that you could use dumbbells. I think that using a barbell instead of dumbbells is a matter of the distribution of the weight to effectively do the exercises. Does that make sense?

I bought a barbell with adjustable weights and I think it was only about $40. If you can't get one immediately go ahead and use dumbbells then buy a barbell when you can.

I'm glad to hear that they use dumbbells in S&H, since I was interested in those. But when I read the video description on this website, it says a barbell is required. I'm confused?!

Hmmm, me too. Maybe it's just in that one video they only use dumbbells. Sorry if I made a mistake. Like I said, I haven't seen them yet.

Can someone please straighten me out here? Thanks!

I just did the S & H legs and shoulders, and Cathe uses a 50-lb barbell on parts of the legs--she goes down after a set.

Cathe uses a barbell for S&H Biceps and Triceps also. I think it is 30 pounds and then she adjusts to 25 pounds.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.