New to Cathe and got some money!

jillybean

Cathlete
I just bought my first Cathe workout ever - the CTX DVD & I LOVE IT! I got a tax return (that I wasn't expecting) so I am jonesing for a new DVD! Should I, (a step lover), get the Cardio Hits DVD or the DVD with RS, MIC, and IMAX? I can't decide and talking to you guys is much more fun than flipping a coin! Thanks!!!

Hi!

I guess it depends on what you are looking for. IF you want INTENSITY, get the RS, MIC & IMax one! IMax is one of my very fav vids and it never gets easy! Not sure how they do it, but Cathe and crew make it LOOK easy! Also, MIC gives you the option of Hi/Lo, Step Or both combined. (Another killer wokout!:-tired) I haven't mastered RS yet just because of time constraints, but one of these days when I have time to rewind, it will be on my list. Let us know what you decide.

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Thanks to all who replied, I will have to bite the bullet and get both! I love when other people make decisions for me! Then I don't feel so guilty about spending money! P.S. Aquajock, I am from the Twin Cities too. I went to Roosevelt High School and have lived here all of my life! How about you?

RE: Jillybean: Howdie, Neighbor!

I was born in Minneapolis but grew up in Tallahassee, Florida (Home of the Hanging Chads), and moved back to Minneapolis in November of 1984 (which gives you an idea of what a nut I really am.)

I work as a criminal prosecution paralegal in downtown Minneapolis and live in a northwest 'burb with hubby.

Maybe you and I should create our own Twin Cities chapter of the Cathe Friedrich fan club! Isn't she the most? Of her workouts, beginning with Interval Max, I have:

I-Max
Body Max
Maximum Intensity Cardio
The Cross-Train Express series (to die for!)
Circuit Max
Rhythmic Step (haven't conquered it yet)
Step Max
Power Max
Mega-Step Blast
(one other earlier step workout)

I also, earlier, had her strengthening workouts, but found I vastly prefer to do weight-lifting in silence and do my own sequences. Stole a bunch of moves from them, though. If you like video strength workouts, hers are the best!

Let's enjoy this mild winter while we can! We're expecting another dumper this weekend!

Annette

Let's do the Minneapolis fan club! Two members is enough for now, right? Any other Minnesotans out there? I was impressed by your list of Cathe tapes! They are all workouts I have thought about purchasing. Rythmic Step already intimidates me and I don't even own it yet! But I will! Thanks for posting! P.S. Isn't it beautiful out today!?!

Aquajock (Annette),
This is my first time on this site. I'm unclear as to how to address you (I saw both "names").

I picked up on your reply because I also live in a northwest suburb of Minneapolis. I just checked out a Cathe video ("Strong Legs and Abs" from the Pure Strngth series)from our library system (Hennepin County)and LOVED it.

I'm a bit confused as to what to buy (THERE ARE SO MANY!!!). If you could give some pointers, I'd love it. I am interested in weight-lifting. I found it interesting that you prefer to lift in silence. I believe that eventually I will prefer this, too, but right now I feel that I need some external motivation to get myself into a routine.

I've belonged to a health club for the past 11 years and just dropped my membership. In the past month, I bought a treadmill, a step, dumbbells, mats, and a bench.
Any advice???

Mary13

RE: Mary13: Howdie, Neighbor!

Hey, Miss Mary! Welcome to the Twin Cities Chapter of the Cathe-ites!

For strength training, Cathe has several options, including single-workout total body sessions and 3-part split sessions.

Maximum Intensity Strength and Power Hour are both total-body workouts each in one tape

Pure Strength (a 3-part series, one of which you've checked out from Hennepin county library) and the new Slow and Heavy series (also 3-part) offer split-set training

The Cross-Train Express series (six parts) offers a cardio workout AND a focused one-muscle-group workout in each workout, with the sixth workout exclusively dedicated to leg conditioning, so that by the end of your rotation you've covered all of the muscle groups

Body Max includes two step (including one step-leg circuit) cardio segments, then a complete ab and upper-body workout all in one workout - it lives up to its name.

What you get would be dependent on what your goals are. If you're historically doing total-body training each workout session, you may get a boost from changing to split sets; if you're already doing split sets, then bring in a total-body workout. Probably Maximum Intensity Strength would be a good place to start!

You and I and Jillybean must meet again in Cyberspace!

Annette

(P.s. I answer to most anything: "annette", "aquajock", "hey you", whatever) :):):)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.