New International Shop.Cathe Checkout Page

forum_admin

Administrator
Staff member
shutterstock_109053689.jpg

International Customers - We have just launched a brand new checkout page on our shop.cathe site featuring faster and lower International UPS shipping rates and better tracking.
Our international checkout page is also in your country's language and currency and includes all import duties and taxes!
You will see this page after clicking on the "Proceed To Checkout" button on our Shop.Cathe.com site towards the end of the order process.

A couple of questions:
1. Does this checkout automatically come up if you try to checkout with a delivery location outside the USA?
2. In the FAQs for the new Boss Bands & Loops pre-order, #9 says that "International customers are also responsible for any custom fees and or taxes." Is this referring to the fees charged on checkout, or could additional fees and taxes potentially still be charged when the package arrives at its destination?

I normally automatically pre-order everything from Cathe but the high cost of shipping ($34 minimum to get the DVDs plus bands and loops in Canada!!!) this time around is making me cautious.

Thanks!

Hi Lala987, the international checkout page is down right now, but when working it detects your computer's IP address and then loads a checkout page with your county's currency.

You have to remember the prices you see are in Canadian dollars, not USA dollars. Also, I'm not sure where you're getting the shipping cost as $34. I just checked 5 orders from earlier today before the system crashed from Canada and their shipping rates ranged from $21 to $26 CAD. Again, these prices are in Canadian dollars, not USA. This is far cheaper than the postal service charges.

Also, duties and taxes are only $7.98 and are included in your total price. Again, these import fees are far cheaper than what you would normally pay if we shipped by postal to you. To Summarize:

1. You get a cheaper rate than postal
2. You save on duties and taxes
3. You know what your duties and taxes are in advance - so no surprises
4. You get faster delivery than postal
5. You get UPS tracking which is far superior to postal
6. These should be all of the duties and taxes that need to be paid. But I'll verify this with UPS just to be 100% sure.

Maybe it's just not working at the moment but the $34 S&H shows up in my cart below and when I try to pay, Paypal wants USD (also shown below) so it does not appear to be in CAD:

1619653021884.png

1619652789002.png

Attachments

• 1619652725892.png
    1619652725892.png
    55.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 1619652880974.png
    1619652880974.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 1619652953987.png
    1619652953987.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 2
Hi Lala97, the page you show above is not from our international checkout page. As long as you are ordering from Canada and shipping to Canada you will normally see a green "Proceed To Checkout" button. When you click on this button you will be taken to a Canadian checkout page with several UPS shipping options.

You will want to select "UPS World Economy" This page will show you all your prices in Canadian dollars as well as your duties and taxes. Unfortunately, this page is experiencing technical difficulties right now and is not working. Once it gets back up I think things will be a lot clearer for you.

The shipping rate you show in your screenshot is for the postal system and we don't even use this method of shipping to Canada. I'm not sure why you're seeing this rate, but it could be because our shopping cart vendor is currently trying g to fix this part of our site. However, if you're ordering From Canada and trying to ship to the USA please contact our customer service at [email protected] for special instructions.

But don't worry about the rate you see on this page as it is not a shipping method we even use. Hopefully, our vendor will have the international page back up soon so you can see what I'm talking about.

Hi, I am trying to place an international order at the Global checkout site but after filling out all the billing and shipping info I find no icon to execute the purchase. I've attached a screen shot. Maybe I am overlooking something. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 2021-04-29.png
    2021-04-29.png
    153.2 KB · Views: 4
Hi, I am trying to place an international order at the Global checkout site but after filling out all the billing and shipping info I find no icon to execute the purchase. I've attached a screen shot. Maybe I am overlooking something. Any help would be appreciated.
I posted about this this morning. They are trying to fix

Hi mycomputer, The company that handles our International shopping cart is still working on this. They informed us this morning that have never seen this bug before and have now referred it to their most senior developer. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing but hopefully, they will fix this ASAP so our International customers can continue to pre-order. We will let you know just as soon as this is working again. FYI: this problem only affects people ordering from outside the USA.

Last edited:
Hi forum_admin - Out of curiosity, I tried shopping on my phone instead of my computer and the international checkout appears to work properly on the phone. You may want to pass that on to the developer.

Hi Lala987, we've tested in Chrome and it's working fine here. You're probably just cached and need to clear your cache in your Chrome browser.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.