New HBO Series: True Blood

Autumn, what are the book titles and who is the author?

Phyllis, the author of the Sourthern Vampire Series AKA Sookie Stackhouse novels is Charlaine Harris. I bought mine from amazon and Borders. DH picked up two books from borders and just asked for the books from the TrueBlood series.
Here are the titles
Book 1 Dead until dark
Book 2 Living Dead in Dallas
Book 3 Club Dead (this has been my least fav of the series so far)
Book 4 Dead to the World (just finished it last night and really enjoyed it)
Book 5 Dead as a Doornail
Book 6 Definitely Dead
book 7 All together Dead
Book 8 From Dead to Worse

I can't help but throw this out there for those loving the show and wanting to read the books: The two main differences between the books and the show is the character of Tara (she's not nearly as prominant in the books ) and the scenes with Jason Stackhouse--the books are all from Sookie's point of view, so you know what Jason is up to, but you don't read it in all it's glorious detail ;)

The books are awesome, funny, and sexy, too. I'm enjoying the series, but I like the books better!

Kelly

Soooo good tonight, I hate when it's over. I just love the suspense they leave you with you each episode.

I love this series too. I had to start reading the books after seeing the first show but I'm getting them from the library so I'm only on the second book.

I should wait until after the season is over to read the books because I'm getting confused between them and the show, but I'm too impatient.

This is all sooo interesting! :)

How do these books compare to Twilight series as far as language.

One of the many things I loved about Twilight was that there was no foul language, or taking the Lords name in vain....at all.
Are the sex scenes in the Trueblood series as graphic as HBO?

TIA

Last nights episode was great! I am so glad that Sookie decided to give in to her feelings for Bill. I am wondering what will become of Sam and Tara.

Good stuff!

One of the many things I loved about Twilight was that there was no foul language, or taking the Lords name in vain....at all.

TIA

The show is graphic and has nudity. I think it is done tastefully, but obviously opinion can vary in that area.

TIA
Kims-

The Southern Vampire Series (on which True Blood is based) is more graphic than Twilight, but it's not even close to the graphicness (is that a word?) of the TV show. People occasionally cuss and sex scenes that involve Sookie are described from her point of view, but it's no different than, say, a Nora Roberts novel--sometimes even less detail.

I admit I have a hard time with the Jason Stackhouse scenes in the show and the books don't bother me at all. HTH!

Kelly

Kims-

The Southern Vampire Series (on which True Blood is based) is more graphic than Twilight, but it's not even close to the graphicness (is that a word?) of the TV show. People occasionally cuss and sex scenes that involve Sookie are described from her point of view, but it's no different than, say, a Nora Roberts novel--sometimes even less detail.

I admit I have a hard time with the Jason Stackhouse scenes in the show and the books don't bother me at all. HTH!

Kelly

Yes, thanks Kelly it does help a bunch.

It's funny that you mention having a hard time with the Jason scene. It got on my nerves to no end that I kept remembering those scenes after he swallowed the V... of all places....while I was sitting in church!!!!

I mean....really!!! I am able to focus my mind away from things like that but it still felt ...well...just bad,iykwim.
I coulda lived the rest of my life happily without seeing all that! :lol

What about the language? Do you remember if it was mild or rough? Mostly I hate to read books that take God's name in vain. I can over look some of the other stuff as I have learned to just read over them.

Again, thanks so much!

I'm still thinking the killer is a vamp. If it was a human who got super pi$$ed when humans & vampires hooked up, why kill humans? You'd think the human would go after the vamp, & vice versa...............maybe it's that mysterious dude Bill & Sookie met in the bar?

Jason is such a pig! He's hot, but he's still a pig. :p

AMEN.....ohmygoshAMEN!!!

What do think, though, about the dream Bill had where a person/man(?) with blue sleeves was strangling Sookie?
I think that's a hint!

Hmmmm I dunno, could be...........do you think a metaphorical hint--as in she's in danger--or a literal hint, as in there's really some dude w/blue sleeves out to get her? It must be someone we haven't "met" yet, b/c I cannot figure out who it could be!

What is up with the camera angle in the scene with the older lady carrying in the tuna noodle casserole coming in the house? Was that supposed to mean something? That confused me.

LMax....good question....I'm been wonderin' myself. I gotta say I Lurve, lurve, lurve a mystery I can't solve!!!! yeeha!

Laura...I don't remember that! I'm gonna have to go to ondemand and re-watch that part.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.