New HBO Series: True Blood

M

moni_stout

Hello everyone,

I was just curious if anyone is watching HBO's True Blood? I am loving this show!

I already know that there are people on the board who don't watch tv. If you are a fan of the show please post and let me know who you think is responsible for all of the murders on the show.

Monica

Monica, I lOVE this show! Are you familiar with the book Twilight? It's like Twilight grown up with a serious edge!

I don't have an opinion about the murders yet. What do you think of Sam? Do you think he is a shapeshifter or something? I think he may also be the dog?

DH and I LOVE that show! And yes, I think Sam is the dog. Not sure what's up with him. What's a shapeshifter? And did you know Bill and whatshername (gosh I hate that - the blonde he is/was dating on the show) are dating in real life? Yup.

Last edited:
I'm totally LOVING this show! I even got HBO on demand so I could watch the first two episodes that I missed. I'm not sure who is murdering people, but whoever it is does not like it when mortals consort with vampires. It could be Sam. I haven't figured out what the deal with the dog is yet, but there was a scene with both the dog and Sam in it, so I don't think Sam IS the dog. I can't wait for next week.

Oh yeah - I do remember the ep with Sam and the dog in it. Darn! But he barks in his sleep.

Yup - I've been keeping this one in my DVR

I agree with Phyllis its like the adult version of Twilight which btw has a new trailer out tonight and oldest dd & I are hyperventilating over that kiss OME!!!! LOL

I'm totally LOVING this show! I even got HBO on demand so I could watch the first two episodes that I missed. I'm not sure who is murdering people, but whoever it is does not like it when mortals consort with vampires. It could be Sam. I haven't figured out what the deal with the dog is yet, but there was a scene with both the dog and Sam in it, so I don't think Sam IS the dog. I can't wait for next week.

Interesting observation that I didn't think of - the person or thing responsible for the murders must not like it when mortals consort with vampires!

I do think that Sam is a dog or werewolf. He rolled around sniffing the sheets of one woman. The mindreader/main character said sometimes his thoughts are strange noises and that he doesn't think like anyone else. Sam barks in his sleep and seems to have a strange connection with the dog that shows up in different places.

I missed episode #2, but apparantly they will all be replayed on Halloween.

Monica

Monica

Monica, I lOVE this show! Are you familiar with the book Twilight? It's like Twilight grown up with a serious edge!

I don't have an opinion about the murders yet. What do you think of Sam? Do you think he is a shapeshifter or something? I think he may also be the dog?

I am not familiar with this book. I will have to check it out though!

Monica

This is one of my favs. I am reading the Southern Vamp series, but I promise no spoiliers (so no comments about any speculation :)). There are some differences between the books and the series, so I may not even have any spoilers. Anyway, I enjoy this series.

I'm watching. I don't like it as much as Carnivale (that has to be my all time favorite HBO series, I was so incredibly disappointed when it got cancelled), but it's an adequate sub. ;)

I think the murderer is another vampire. Possibly that really creepy bald dude.

Or I could be completely off track.

SuzMax--Anna Paquin. :)

Love this show!

I really love it although I had not made a connection with the dog and Sam, guess I thought the sheet sniffing thing was some pervy sex thing that I'd not heard of!!!!

Suz, a shapeshifter is just a person who can take on animal form. ie. Sirius Black from Harry Potter turning into a dog

Autumn, you read the books that True Blood are based on?

I'm watching. I don't like it as much as Carnivale (that has to be my all time favorite HBO series, I was so incredibly disappointed when it got cancelled), but it's an adequate sub. ;)

I think the murderer is another vampire. Possibly that really creepy bald dude.

Or I could be completely off track.

SuzMax--Anna Paquin. :)

The only reason that I am thinking it is not another vampire is because Bill told the police that if it were a vampire they would not be able to resist draining their blood. He could have been trying to throw them off though.

I love True Blood. I have always liked vampire fiction. I do not have HBO but I stream it online. I usually do not like to do that but I could not resist. As far as my speculations about the murders and Sam I already what happens in the books (thanks to someone blabbing it to me) so I will keep my mouth shut.

Suz, a shapeshifter is just a person who can take on animal form. ie. Sirius Black from Harry Potter turning into a dog

Autumn, you read the books that True Blood are based on?

Hi Phyllis ~ Yes, I am reading the books. I've completed books 1-3 and am almost done with book 4 of 8.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.