New fitness/heart rate monitor/watch

FitandFifty

Hi,

just hoping to hear anybody's experiences on fitness watches / heart rate monitors?

just bought a Polar Ignite 2 fitness watch, with basic heart rate, sleep and some other fitness monitoring tools. Really easy to use, worked well when I did Cardio & Weights in the morning, it's actually fun to follow your activity during the day. Looking forward to seeing if sleep info will be useful along with the other stuff you can follow.

It also had a VO2 max test, where it monitored your heart rate for 3 minutes lying down and relaxing. If I understood correctly, the result is based on the variation of your heart rate, or something like that... I did expect to get on ok result, being Cathlete 6 days per week...;/) - it gave me 47. Which, according to my age (52) is really good! (Ok, whether one can trust its accuracy I am not sure, but it sure did make me feel really good and proud of all the work I've been putting in these last years especially, with menopause etc.)

But wondering what kind of experiences you might have had with these? (And please don't tell me the VO2 test is really off...;/))) - it was so exhilerating seeing my watch tell me I'm in good shape...:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.